AHHHHH! i just need to vent!

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by wildriverswolf90, Sep 17, 2011.

1. wildriverswolf90

wildriverswolf90 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2011
    polk county, NC
    I wasn't really sure where to post this!? Please let me know if I should move it.

So anyway, a friend and I were out driving to TSC, when we past a sign “chickens for sale cheap” being addicted to chickens we drive down to the house. And what I saw horrified me! In a 10x20ft run with a 6x6ft coop, were 50+ chickens! Atleast 15 of these were roosters and most of the hens were bald and had scratches! 50+ didn't inculed the atleast 20 dead chickens in a pile in her yard! She had a lot of bags of cheap cracked corn and informed us that was all she fed them! The floor of the coop was crusted with droppings and there are no roosts! [​IMG] I just want to [​IMG] her!
    On top of cruely neglecting her chickens, she also had many rabbits in cramped hutchs many of them dead! She had 3 dogs that were walking skeletons, and a little donkey with a broken and infected leg!

Animal control has siezed the rabbits, dogs and donkey. But when we went back by 2 days ago not only did she still have the chicken but she also had 14 chicks! I so FREAKING mad I just want to lock her up and treat her the way she treated her animals!

2. ruby

ruby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2008
    Gold Hill, Alabama
    WOW does she need some intervention!

3. Gvnam

Gvnam Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2011
    I would offer her a price for the chickens. Nothing too expensive, then sell them to better owners. What breed/breeds were they?

4. SC-ChickMom

SC-ChickMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2011
    Lexington
    There is a woman in North Carolina who does chicken rescue.

Caroline Waterfowl Rescue
    P.O. Box 1484
    Indian Trail, NC 28079
    (704) 668-9486
    www.carolinawaterfowlrescue.com

Maybe she could help you save the chickens.

5. dainerra

dainerra Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Quote:I wouldn't give her anything. Make another complaint to animal control and ask them why the *bleep* they left the birds behind. Giving her a single penny could just encourage her to go out and buy some more. Then she will try to sell them too, knowing that another bleeding-heart customer will pay to save them.

6. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    I agree with reporting it and making a media stink about it.There was that big story about rabbits taken from a breeder in CO,and her rabbits were FINE. Someone should care enough about these animals to get a fire lit under some butts.Could be any reason why she let it get to this,but it should not be permitted to go on.

7. flowergirl60

flowergirl60 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2011
    Austin Tx
    How awful that woman is. Animal cruelty. So I say she is the predator. Seems like a good place to post to me.[​IMG]

8. wildriverswolf90

wildriverswolf90 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2011
    polk county, NC
    Thank you I have called animal control so many times, but they just say that chickens are not classified as pet or livestock so it aint their problem! [​IMG]
    I did call the carolina rescue and she is supposed to go with me on thursday to look at them! [​IMG] hope we can save them!

Some of the breeds I recognized:
    *Barred rocks
    *RIR
    *Silkies
    *Cochins(many colors)
    *Brahmas
    *Gold sex link
    *EE
    *and what I think are NN
    Plus a many others!

9. dainerra

dainerra Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Call the state agriculture dept. They handle those type of cases as well.
    Tell them local AC wouldn't help, but did take all the other animals

10. CrestedGirl

CrestedGirl Polish Obsessed

Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Quote:Ditto!!! That is HORRIBLE!!!! People like that just make me ANGRY!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by