Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Power Outage!!!!!

YooHwa

Chirping
8 Years
Mar 12, 2011
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!

Today was my lockdown for my button quails... So I set them up 12am this morning all excited!!!!!
BUT THEN!!! I found out that the house was out of electrictiy from 7:30AM!!!!
I have NO IDEA how long..
But I just came back from school (3:00PM) and found out that my bator was not WORKING!!!
THE ELECTRICITY WAS BACK ON BUT IT WASNT WORKING!!!

I hurridly plugged back in... it's working now..
But I'm soooo worried!!!!
sad.png
What if they ALL DIED?????
sad.png

I hade 95 degrees and 51% humidity.. Its suppose to be 99.5~100 and 55~65%!!
I touched the heating thing (btw, I'm using hovabator 1602n) and it was a little bit hot.. (not warm, but kinda hot)

Do you think they will be ok?
sad.png

I didn't take them out or anything.. just plugged it back in and sooo worried like crazy...

Take a deep breath and try to relax.

I had a power outage last month.......no electricity for 27 hours.....eggs were about 2 days from lockdown.......out of 36 eggs, 30 hatched.....albeit a day later than planned.

This is hope!!
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
OK, so what you are saying is, without power all day, it only cooled off to 95 degrees, and the humidity was at 51%.

I doubt that will hurt anything, just maybe slow them down a few hours.

Now, if the temp fell to, say 75 all day, that might be a different story.

And, just something I'd like to pass along from doing a number of button and coturnix hatches last year -- I had a lot better hatches running them on the dry side, like 35 to 40 % during incubation and around 55% during hatch. Higher than that, and I had a lot of late dead in the shells, from too much moisture I believe. For what it's worth.

I think you'll be fine.

In the future though, if it's in the budget, invest in one of these, they can buy you hours of time. You can get a decent one that will run an incubator for 8-12 hours for around $100.

http://www.apc.com/products/family/index.cfm?id=165

Sorry to hear about what you went through
sad.png

But I'm thinking your eggs will probably be fine.
It's hard when you are not home and have the power go out.
You might want to get your hands on an inverter for your car in case it happens again
Just plug the inverter to your cigarette lighter and then plug the bator to that.
Carolyn

Back
Top Bottom