Ain't nobody here but us chickens....

PoultryFiend

In the Brooder
Jan 23, 2022
Hey everyone, been following this site for a while, but never thought to register. So, here we are! I'm Ryan, I've got 6 chickens (5 hens, 1 rooster), along with 13 Manchurian cross ring-necked pheasants (2 roosters, 11 hens). Been dealing with pheasants for about 2 years, chickens for about a year. 3 of my chickens are RIR hybrids & the other 3 (including the rooster) are Australorp. I used to let the chickens free-range, but either a hawk or coyote left a pile of feathers, took my nicest little red (survival of the fittest), so they're cooped up for the winter.

I love having birds, though the pheasants being game birds don't have the personality of the chickens. Tempted to get into turkeys this year. I really enjoy mixing feed, as I ferment my chicken scratch. And it was fun to just watch the birds free-range during the summer/fall.

I am a domestic textile machine repair tech, own my own biz, & I have 2 dogs, soon to be 3 end of next month. I am working on becoming a small-time Black Mouth Cur breeder, though I just love the dogs and want to be able to pay myself back and support them, too. Love to hike, fight, always busy with a project, building, landscaping, growing, or something else. I also love to cook, but rarely have time for it.

Looking forward to learn from you all!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom