1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Air bubble stuck

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by tadpole98, Jan 15, 2014.

1. tadpole98

tadpole98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2012
    Missouri
    so I set some eggs a week and two days ago from my flock since my flock had an attack and 40 died. So I wanted to preserve some and set the eggs. I did, 4 days after it happened. (I currently had eggs in there so I couldnt set the new ones. Well I forgot to turn them and the bubbles are now stuck. I hoped the automatic egg turner would undo them, no. I also set it on somewhat high humidity for a couple days to hope something would happen, nope. I candled the eggs this morning and all the eggs are fertile and growing, now im worried ill kill them all.

My main concern is the air bubble not growing so they have enough air for lockdown. This might sound dumb but what if I (after they have put their beaks in the bubble), put a little pip in the top of it, enough for air to go in. (A tiny hole.)

sorry im just really nervous. These were from my good flock and I really wanted to save some chicks from them.

Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by