Air cells small day 17, HELP

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by boilermom, Sep 16, 2014.

1. boilermom

boilermom Out Of The Brooder

Sep 16, 2014
    hello there. i candled my eggs today before lockdown and noticed the air cell smaller than anticipated for this stage of incubation. i have a mini brinsea incubator that has been running at 99.5 with one water channel filled at all times. humidity 55-60%. is there anything i can do at this point to increase the size of the air cell? should i be concerned or will the chicks be ok. the eggs began rocking today and i could see movement during the candling. any information would be greatly appreciate. thank you!

2. Eggcessive

Eggcessive True BYC Addict

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Welcome to BYC. With my limited amount of incubation experience, I have tried to keep my humidity more like 45% before day 18 because of this sort of thing, since humidity needs to be 60% or more during the last 3 days before hatch. However, if you post on the incubation thread, you may get better advice here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/threads/add/forumId/5

Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
  3. boilermom

boilermom Out Of The Brooder

Sep 16, 2014
    thank you so much for your reply. i took your advice and posted a thread in the incubation section. appreciate your kindness greatly! have a great day.

4. Eggcessive

Eggcessive True BYC Addict

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    You're welcome. Good luck on your hatch!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by