air cells

therandomhatcher

Chirping
Apr 2, 2021
I drove some quail eggs for hatching home... in a plastic egg carton. It was about a 13-minute drive. How hard is it for the air cells to detach, if so, if I am turning them manually will they reattach in the incubator?

I drove some quail eggs for hatching home... in a plastic egg carton. It was about a 13-minute drive. How hard is it for the air cells to detach, if so, if I am turning them manually will they reattach in the incubator?
It takes a reasonable jolt to completely detach the air cells and typically happens when eggs are shipped (packages get drop quite some distance at certain stages in the sorting process). It's very unlikely to happen if you transported them in the car.

Turning is actually much more important than where the air cell is sitting. There are certain membranes that form that support the growth of the embryo. Turning helps these membranes keep pace with the growth of the embryo. If they don't grow sufficiently they can no longer support a healthy embryo. So turning is super important.

Back
Top Bottom