Air sack on side of egg

I have 12 eggs in lockdown right now and I was checking the air sack on eggs that previously had normally developed air sacks now they air sack is on the side of the eggs??? I’ve incubated before and never had this issue the air sacks were completely fine last night and today they’re on the side?
Good morning. I'm not in lockdown yet, but I too have some air sacks on the side.
I was just about to post the very same thing.

I've had the same thing happen to mine, except the one's with that all died right before hatching. However, I don't candle them before they hatch so that I won't harm their chances of living and preparing to hatch. Maybe it's just because of them laying on their side, but that wouldn't make sense to me..

It is not unusual for the air cells to appear shifted when the eggs are internally pipping. Likely they will hatch just fine.

It is a common problem to have saddled air cells in shipped eggs. Many of these eggs develop and hatch. An assisted hatch may be necessary.
:goodpost:
I just hatched shipped eggs with saddled air cells, putting 6 of them upright in egg cartons, and they all hatched - you could try this if it makes you feel better

They weren’t shipped eggs they came from a friend and were laid the same day. I let them rest for a day before I set them and I candle every night just to make sure everyone’s okay and nothings died. This is the egg in question you can see where I had previously marked it’s air sack but by the next night it wasn’t in the same spot.

Attachments

• E22373B0-C18C-4A36-9449-55D61762085B.jpeg
    E22373B0-C18C-4A36-9449-55D61762085B.jpeg
    182.4 KB · Views: 71
  • 29CF7A33-15EE-4D4B-8E57-CBCBF9BEB7A4.jpeg
    29CF7A33-15EE-4D4B-8E57-CBCBF9BEB7A4.jpeg
    195.5 KB · Views: 72

Back
Top Bottom