Air sacks are in wrong spot

grannychicken54

Chirping
7 Years
Aug 23, 2012
OK
Hi I just recieved 16 eggs today and I candle them and the air sacks on almost all of them are messed up . The packageing was great its a miricle none were broken from the smashed box but none were thanks to PaPaBrooders packing only one has the air sack at the large end one has tiny bubbles and some are at the wrong end . I set them upright large end up in the turner not on or in incubator for air flow please any advice from someone with expert egg advice I want these eggs really bad and will try any thing. Thanks in advance for any info Help Please

From the sounds of things you're telling us the air sacks are detached. What I would do is keep the large end up as much as possible. While hatching I would keep them in an egg carton so they don't roll on their sides and them the chick drowns. I would also keep them in egg cartons to incubate and them to turn just switch which side of the carton the elevate.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/hatching-eggs-101

refer to shipped eggs Good Luck Granny!
hugs.gif
frow.gif

Thanks I have been reading it over and over to make sure I do everything possible to help these little guys great advice and tips Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom