AKC shih tzu puppies are here!!!! in Michigan*

just over 2 weeks to go and I am getting really anxious!!

Anyone out there done this??

barnie.gif
I need some tricks to stay calm. Any ideas???

Last edited:
Oh,yes, my dear. When my Gabby had hers I was so anxious. She came to my feet and kind of arched her back and I knew it was time. We got her prepared box and put her straight into it and rubbed her tummy. Her first one came right away and she was straining so hard my daughter pulled it and I cut the umbilical cord. We had to clean it up as Gabby was confused and frightened. When the next one came Gabby took over right away, her instincts kicked in and she was a wonderful mama. I documented everything. I put down what pup was born first, coloring and sex and what we did. Turns out the first one was the one another daughter took. That first puppy stayed very small and turned out to be a gorgeous little dog named Izzy. I gave all the pics to my daughter who took Izzy and she took the documentation...she made a album for Izzy.
lau.gif

It will be fine. Take lots of pics. All my puppies new parents wanted the pics of them and it was nice to be able to give them to them.

Oh my they are adorable. How many did she have there? Is it 5?

thanks for the advice

Yes I will be taking lots and lots of pictures and I am sure my daughters will be taking even more...
lau.gif

yes, she had five. I wish I could have kept them all!! One "talked" to us all the time with a wrrroooo wrrooo all the time he wanted something, it was so cute. His new parents take such good care of him and they tell me he still "talks" to them all the time. LOL One was extra loving and I never hear from his parents even after contacting them to see how he was doing? I told each I would take them back if for any reason they couldn't keep them. I had her fixed then as I couldn't go through that again and couldn't sell them all and gave them away to what I thought were good homes.

Awww how cute
lol.png
they sound like they had wonderful personalities.

I am hoping to get a few more added to the waiting list to be sure they all have homes even before they arrive.
fl.gif

It is hard because the vet said she was already too full to count puppies and that was at only 3 1/2 weeks along.

I have the open door to return policy in my contract too. I would never want any of my pups to end up in a bad situation.

thanks again for your support
frow.gif
it means alot

I remember three of my puppies getting sick and I had to take them to the vet. Eyes were runny, noses too. I had to put them on antibiotics for another three weeks I think it was. That was the reason for me keeping them for so long, I didn't want a sick puppy going out. So three of them decided after all that attention, they were going to play sick at one thing or another for weeks after that!
lol.png
Vet kept telling me they were ok but the puppies convinced me they were not.
roll.png
Yes, they all have different personalities and know what buttons to push on you.
lau.gif
Good luck and I can't wait to see their pics.

I can truly believe that they played that trick on you.... Shih tzus are so smart. They love the attention and will play anything to get it.
lol.png

Thank you again, and I can't wait to take the pictures.
celebrate.gif

I felt the puppies kicking it was the best to know they are doing good.
wee.gif

2 weeks and counting

talk to you soon

How much do you sell them for and do you ship? How much is shipping if you do ship?
My Pookie had hers early Tuesday. She had Complications and we took her to the vet where she finished pushing out the lillte one and it's neck was broke. It presented sideways. It was the only one. Good Luck to you. Praying for a uneventful delivery and many healthy beautiful babies.
Stephaine

Back
Top Bottom