Alabama has a bad snake problem

as long as it dead it is good to me learned fear of suck things as I got past 57
now gartner snakes give me a start and that is all we have here so far :barnie
still take a flashlight to look in nest boxes first have since we got the birds

They all crawling right now. It's either a really big chicken/rat snake that has been around for a while or it's a local breed mixed with a non local breed. The colors are rat snake but the size.. and idk if pythons shake their tails like a rattle snake does or not. That's what he did before my husband shot him six times with the .22 rifle. Normally I don't shoot snakes as they help keep the rat population down, bit I will shoot my own dog over my chickens. So, he made a mistake going into my coops.

They all crawling right now. It's either a really big chicken/rat snake that has been around for a while or it's a local breed mixed with a non local breed. The colors are rat snake but the size.. and idk if pythons shake their tails like a rattle snake does or not. That's what he did before my husband shot him six times with the .22 rifle. Normally I don't shoot snakes as they help keep the rat population down, bit I will shoot my own dog over my chickens. So, he made a mistake going into my coops.
did you look to see if it had fangs like a rattle snake?

Old thread but that is not a python. That is a big chicken snake. There are plenty of them in Alabama and they get very big. The picture makes it look bigger than it is but believe me they get big and will eat your eggs, young chickens, and will kill grown chickens trying to swallow them head first.

Back
Top Bottom