Alabama Hatchery?

I'm in Southeast Alabama (near Dothan) and looking for some Copper Marans. i prefer pullets, but am interested in any info. Thanks in advance!

Hi! Thank you for the info. I am going to check this out. I did, however, buy some Blue Ameraucana, Blue Copper Maran, and Black Copper Maran chicks from a delightful couple in Bonifay, Florida. I am hoping that of the 12 at least half will be pullets. They are really beautiful chicks. They had several interesting varieties of chickens and other poultry.

If anyone has any early sexing methods for Maran chicks, I sure would be interested in knowing about them. I built them a separate pen. When they are a couple of months old, I plan to let them forage with my existing flock and gradually work them in together. Does that sound right? This is my first addition to my first flock, so I appreciate any input.

I am so thankful for this site and the help that everyone has provided. I do hope that I can return the favor to otheres in the future. Bless you!

Hi! Thank you for the info. I am going to check this out. I did, however, buy some Blue Ameraucana, Blue Copper Maran, and Black Copper Maran chicks from a delightful couple in Bonifay, Florida. I am hoping that of the 12 at least half will be pullets. They are really beautiful chicks. They had several interesting varieties of chickens and other poultry. 

If anyone has any early sexing methods for Maran chicks, I sure would be interested in knowing about them. I built them a separate pen. When they are a couple of months old, I plan to let them forage with my existing flock and gradually work them in together. Does that sound right? This is my first addition to my first flock, so I appreciate any input.

I am so thankful for this site and the help that everyone has provided. I do hope that I can return the favor to otheres in the future. Bless you!
i am 17 weeks into my 1st chicks ever. I dont have any idea about sexing chicks. Mine were sex links. Pulletts were buff and roos were light ( brahmas). Go to alabama!! on ur byc search bar. That is a very active thread with alot of people with more experience than me. Sorry i cant help more

Back
Top Bottom