Alabama Hatchery?

I know of S&G Poultry in Clanton but it seems like they mostly deal with commercial buyers. If you find any others, I am interested. We are in Shelby Co.

I have looked also...no luck. I ordered our first chicks from mt. healthy. We have been very pleased, 36 chicks all are in very good health. They were hatched on the 29th at 8 am we got them on the 30th around 9:30 am. All in very good shape when they arrived.

I have looked as well, we live in Cullman County, and haven't found anything. There is a place in Cullman that I will be checking out next week, and I will pass along the information.

Hello. This is Rose from Meme's Poultry and Quail Sales in Robertsdale, Alabama. We sell baby chicks and will ship. We are located in South Alabama. We sell Rhode Island Reds, Barred Rocks, Black Australorps, Ameraucana's, Buff Orpingtons, Polish, Silkies, Japanese Black Tail, Leghorns, Gold Lace Cochins, Splash Cochins, Blue Cochins, Midget White Turkeys, Royal Palm Turkeys, Bourbon Red Turkeys, Black Orpingtons, Showgirls and Mille Fleur d'uccles among other misc chickens. Contact us at 251-233-8273 or 251-716-1460 for more information or if we can help you in any way. We also sell hatching eggs for the above. Thank you.

Hello.  This is Rose from Meme's Poultry and Quail Sales in Robertsdale, Alabama.  We sell baby chicks and will ship.  We are located in South Alabama.  We sell Rhode Island Reds, Barred Rocks, Black Australorps, Ameraucana's, Buff Orpingtons, Polish, Silkies, Japanese Black Tail, Leghorns, Gold Lace Cochins, Splash Cochins, Blue Cochins, Midget White Turkeys, Royal Palm Turkeys, Bourbon Red Turkeys, Black Orpingtons, Showgirls and Mille Fleur d'uccles among other misc chickens.  Contact us at 251-233-8273 or 251-716-1460 for more information or if we can help you in any way.  We also sell hatching eggs for the above.  Thank you.
YEA!!!!! I love to buy local, or as local as possible. I will definitely keep your number and may be giving you a call in about a month when I see what I have hatch out. We are just getting started in chickens and our first eggs are on their way from New York now. Thanks for sharing and I look forward to doing business in the future.

Thanks so much! We would be happy to help you with your chickens!!! We have hatching eggs and chicks for sale. Thank you again!!! Rose @ Meme's Poultry and Quail Sales, Robertsdale, Alabama!!!

Meme's Poultry, I was excited to find your post. I called right away and talked to Karen,,,looking forward to working with you on some Midget Whites and Lavender Turkeys. I was agonizing over poults versus hatching eggs, shipping distances and combinations. When I find out you'll have the poults I'm interested only about an hour away!
celebrate.gif
I'll PM you with some more details.

Thanks.

I was wondering the same thing! The owner of Massey's Mercantile on 1st Ave N (in Birmingham) referred me to "Old Fart's Farm" in Springville. But, they don't have the types of chickens that I want, and they don't sex their chicks. (You're not allowed to have roosters in the city limits. But laying hens are fine as long as they're contained.) I'm looking for a Hamburg or a Cornish--really basically a small laying hen that free ranges well, is a consistent layer, can scavenge up a good amount of food for itself, and is bright/skittish enough to stay alive in my backyard. (We have a 6 foot fence, but I'm sure cats, feral cats, and urban raccoons can make it over said fence if they really want to--our lot is only 1/6 of an acre & the enclosed area is probably a third of that. Of course I'd do a coop, and maybe a tractor also, but I'd like to be able to let them out when I'm at home during the day and I'd like for them to be able to look after themselves to some extent.)

So... does anyone know where I could get Hamburgs, Cornish, or some other type of hen that you've found to do particularly well in this type of environment, within an hour or two of Birmingham? Either sexed chicks or pullets?

Thanks!

Naomi

Back
Top Bottom