ALABAMA!!

Lovely! Those are F1 Olive Eggers! That means that they are the first generation of chickens bred to lay an olive green egg. The second generation would be to breed those hens to a dark egg laying breed, like a Black Copper Marans cock, and the F2's eggs would be much darker green. They are very interesting in the egg basket and get a lot of attention. Congratulations!

Has anyone actually seen an egg that green without easter dye??? WEIRD!!

Congrats on the eggs Peanutsmomma!

Last edited:
Lovely! Those are F1 Olive Eggers! That means that they are the first generation of chickens bred to lay an olive green egg. The second generation would be to breed those hens to a dark egg laying breed, like a Black Copper Marans cock, and the F2's eggs would be much darker green. They are very interesting in the egg basket and get a lot of attention. Congratulations!

I'll take a hen that lays those, one of each color please!
lol.png

Oops...we did it again. Baby Muscovy for sale and another awesome mom.
Sabrina duck and her brood -- silly girl snuck under an overturned wheelbarrow and was about 10 days into incubation before I found the nest.
Lavs $10/each
Darks $6/each

I was born and raised in Sylvania Alabama(Northeast, in DeKalb Co.)

I'm In San Diego now, in the Navy.

That's pretty awesome. I spent the first 18 years of my life in Rainsville. I doubt you were born in Sylvania but I knew what you meant.
wink.png

Even though I was living in North Carolina at the time I bought my first chicken in Collinsville. I brought it all the way to North Carolina. That was 12 years ago.

Last edited:
Well it went good last night. Betty was awake from the peeping but as soon as i put those chicks in she started tucking them in! One pecked her straight in the eye and she didn't even care lol. They are all running around jumping on mom and eating and drinking this morning.

:)

Back
Top Bottom