ALABAMA!!

Quote:
Go to your feed store and ask them for an ivemectin medication and the pour on type. (also ask for the generic form and it will save alot of money) For large fowl I use about 7 drops placed directly onto the skin. Repeat in 5-6 months. I've heard of W-D 40, vasaline, veggie oil, etc to smother them, but Bud, I'd be willing to bet that if they have leg mites they also have feather mites, lice, and types of worms that will just make you shake your head.

Also, this wormer will say it is for cattle, but I have also used it for rabbits, cats, dogs. This in combination with Frontline with my poultry keeps them in great shape.

Congratulations on the new birds!

Claudia

Tractor Supply in Dothan had some about a month ago, and they told me you can ask for it at the back counter of Jeffers' too.

After I found the SLM's To be on the safe side I dusted the birds and coop for lice and other mites with some 5% sevin and I plan to follow up in a few more days. I wish the ivermectin gel would work still have 2 apple flavored tubes leftover from worming the horses. What worm/internal parasite medication can / should I use to make sure my birds are healthy as possible?

Quote:
frow.gif

Hi Neighbor!

:)Hello Alabama people! I am new at BYC and I have a question for you. I am getting about 5 dozen eggs from my RIRs each week and I would like to sell some of them to help pay for the feed. I would like to know how to market them, and how much to charge. Can anyone give me some ideas? Thank you!

Quote:
My brother and my Dad both sell eggs at their local farmer's market. They almost always sell out very quickly. My Dad also sells some to local grocery stores and even a couple of local restaurants.

He also gives away the medium size eggs (which are harder to sell) to the local food pantry/soup kitchen.

Good luck.
Robert

Anyone have DUCKLINGS?

I have a friend trying to find ducklings this time of year. I know, scarce chance but does anyone know of someone near Alexander city with ducklings? Preferably Mallard??

Back
Top Bottom