ALABAMA!!

And ducks. And guineas. Geese. Emus.
Let's not forget goats. And rabbits.
Enablers? Pfffft

Oh lord hush!!! Lol
I had thought about ducks, but I don't think ducks OR geese would stay around as there are many ponds a short way up the road.
Emus- BIG no... Just no...
I've been working on talking my husband into goats for over a year now lol... Chickens are my gateway to some dairy goats =]
Rabbits- as pets, sure. For meat, idk if I could do "it" , but again, hubby says no.

He's a stick in the mud that I'm having to SLOWLY warm up to my dreams of self sufficiency.

Wow I am not the only one on that slippery self sufficiency route. Goats are next.
fl.gif
Emus definitely NO. We have an emu farm on our road and one day one got loose. Took them over two weeks to catch the thing. My dogs went nuts when it came into our property. That was the biggest "Chicken" They had ever seen!!!

Oh lord hush!!! Lol
I had thought about ducks, but I don't think ducks OR geese would stay around as there are many ponds a short way up the road.
Emus- BIG no... Just no...
I've been working on talking my husband into goats for over a year now lol... Chickens are my gateway to some dairy goats =]
Rabbits- as pets, sure. For meat, idk if I could do "it" , but again, hubby says no.

He's a stick in the mud that I'm having to SLOWLY warm up to my dreams of self sufficiency.

I've had ostrich a long time ago, when it was the new fad. I can't recall what I thought about it, so it must not have been too special. Emu and ostrich scare me silly. When I was little we went to this safari park where you could just walk right between them and lil bitty me looked awfully tasty to those scary things.
lol.png

Rabbit is delicious. It's like a sweeter, every so slightly gamy chicken. Think chicken with character. Venison-ey. The hind quarters are my favorite. They are next on the list of things I'm getting to raise.

I dream of self sufficiency too.

Goats are not going to happen for me, smack dab in town. We've got some goats living on the outskirts of our neighborhood though, where the backyards adjoin farm land.

I've got a neighbor who keeps calling the cops on us
roll.png
Complains the dog barks. Mind you, each of my other neighbors has dogs too.. Even the cops say they don't hear a thing, whenever they come by. So, I try not to push my luck. No complaints about my mini farm though, other than our very first rooster who was an utter nuisance (and had already been served for dinner by the time the cops came).

Wow I am not the only one on that slippery self sufficiency route. Goats are next.
fl.gif
Emus definitely NO. We have an emu farm on our road and one day one got loose. Took them over two weeks to catch the thing. My dogs went nuts when it came into our property. That was the biggest "Chicken" They had ever seen!!!

Haha

I so badly want some land further out of town limits.. but, we have what we have and make do. It's just a matter of time though, as much as the husband doesn't want to think about it. We have two boys and a girl and only one bedroom between the three.
lol.png

Anywhere close enough to drive to pick up chicks? I have to wait until Mid May to get any so the local co-op would be out and I can order from Meyer or the like but the selection is thin. I'm close to Birmingham.

Probably 6-10, large fowl. We were hoping for Orpington, Wyandotte, Dominique. We wanted a mixed flock so any good breeds.

Three baby Grey Call ducklings born on Monday, March 23rd! I have an appointment at the vet Monday, March 30th to have them sexed! $15 for the trio!

They are INCREDIBLY friendly and ABSOLUTELY beautiful! Just in time for Easter! Perfect for a loved ones Easter basket and they are wonderful pets! :)

If interested ~ please call, text, or email me! Phone: 205.209.1815
Email: [email protected]

Looking for a loving forever home!
2764.png

Back
Top Bottom