ALABAMA!!

Congrats on moving back to LA.  Maybe the poll results will help you in figuring out what you want to go with.  I really would like to see more input from the southern folks as I know there are lots of good chicken people in the region that have to deal with our oppressive heat and humidity.  We'll see if they come through. :)
Thanks! Still trying to figure this site out...lol

A-K-A, do you use any type of bedding material?

Just in laying boxes. Shaving and straw. Use plastic dish pans bought at dollar store. 1 In each box, you can remove them to clean. If you have a wood floor it is easy to clean when it coated or covered ( cheap tile )

As far as run goes it gets messy especially after a rain. Not much can be done.

Today is hatch day I put all 8 that was forming in lock down. I did not recandle I was afraid something would happen. So far no chicks when I went to work this morning.
fl.gif

Today is hatch day I put all 8 that was forming in lock down. I did not recandle I was afraid something would happen. So far no chicks when I went to work this morning.
fl.gif

Best of luck on your hatch!

I have 7 in my incubator (had to take out 2 yesterday), due to hatch on 6/11! :)

fl.gif

I hope they will hatch by the time you go home today.
fl.gif

I'm driving over to Decatur tomorrow to pick up a dozen quail.

Did you pick up the quails? Did you get coturnix again? I gave up having them right now. I have something that comes in the night and rip them out of the cages. Strangely enough whatever it is doesn't mess with the chickens.

Best of luck on your hatch!

I have 7 in my incubator (had to take out 2 yesterday), due to hatch on 6/11! :)

Thank you. I have about 5 or so silkie eggs from my own. I also have two wild duck eggs. Something got momma and smashed a few of the eggs. I put 5 eggs in only 2 look promising. Ive never incubated duck eggs before. I put them in 5 days before the silkies so right now they are in another incubator Ive read 30days?

Oh man, I would love to hatch some silkies! I lost my mama goose and ALL of her eggs in her nest last summer, so sad! I would like to get some more ducks or geese, but have never tried incubating duck or goose eggs. I hope yours come through!

Back
Top Bottom