ALABAMA!!

FREE!! I ended up with not one, or two cockerel BR babies from TSC but FOUR! Now I have 5 cockerels and one hen. I'm keeping one pair so they can nest and bring some babies of their own into this world.. The other FOUR Barred Rocks (MALES) have to go! FREE FREE FREE. 7 Weeks old. Please IM me if interested. I'm in the Andalusia area (South Central Alabama)

I too have cockerels coming out my ears!! Good ol TSC- I have nine. Easter eggers and a tail-less one, and some others I could provide pictures of. I am in the Birmingham area. Mine are 12 weeks old.

Attachments

• IMG_1836.JPEG
    IMG_1836.JPEG
    462.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2211.jpeg
    IMG_2211.jpeg
    405 KB · Views: 5
TSC has lost my business.. They have either mislabeled the brooders, or are just plain incompetent. I have 4 cockerels to give away now, and finding pullets at this late stage of the year is almost impossible. Valley Farms Hatchery says the ship Feb - Sep, however their calendar is saying September on the site. I've emailed them to find out if they are still shipping. Only other option now is finding someone nearby with some similarly aged pullets.

One other option is giving away the cockerels, and leaving one pair to brood some youngin's but that's going to be a long while yet.

TSC has lost my business.. ...Only other option now is finding someone nearby with some similarly aged pullets.
This year was really bad. I bought from the bantam bin and most are ending up as standards- and I couldn’t have the chicks I wanted because the kid “ couldn’t reach them”. The pullets I bought from the barred rock bin are a mystery black breed- and cockerels. And at least one of the Three golden comets pullets I bought is a cockerel.
move also found them to be so rude this year. I understand the stress with covid-19. I am an essential worker too. However I am wearing a heart monitor and when I got to the register I told them I needed a bag of chick starter and am wearing a heart monitor and cannot carry it. Rude kid says “ you have to bring it up here for me to ring up then I’ll call someone to take it to your car”. I’m thankful for the customer who offered to go get the bag for me- but I had to stand there at the registerfor ten minutes before a worker came to carry it out. And I apologized to him and thanked him and he never said one word to me at all.

This year was really bad. I bought from the bantam bin and most are ending up as standards- and I couldn’t have the chicks I wanted because the kid “ couldn’t reach them”. The pullets I bought from the barred rock bin are a mystery black breed- and cockerels. And at least one of the Three golden comets pullets I bought is a cockerel.
move also found them to be so rude this year. I understand the stress with covid-19. I am an essential worker too. However I am wearing a heart monitor and when I got to the register I told them I needed a bag of chick starter and am wearing a heart monitor and cannot carry it. Rude kid says “ you have to bring it up here for me to ring up then I’ll call someone to take it to your car”. I’m thankful for the customer who offered to go get the bag for me- but I had to stand there at the registerfor ten minutes before a worker came to carry it out. And I apologized to him and thanked him and he never said one word to me at all.
Well, they are an essential business (supposedly) so, they didn't have to shut down like so many other businesses who will never see the light of day again. They should be thankful at the very least. Something else they don't have... a veteran's discount. Marvin's does and they aren't even as big as TSC.

Back
Top Bottom