ALABAMA!!

Quote:
HI Julie
Just wanted to let you know there is a DIRT CHEAP store also in Thomasville, AL...a little closer than Tuscaloosa...but you still need to come see me anyways...
smile.png

Hey Steve, I didn't know there was a Thomasville Al. I know where Thomasville Ga. is. Still, My sis lives in Alex City so i could visit her and you.

hello hello... I'm Nettie. I just recently moved to Montgomery from chicago. I am currently wearing my BAMA shirt! ROL TIDE! When we moved here we practically had to declare Bama or auburn when we ed state lines! lol. When going to walmart people asked "Who do you go for?" and i thought they were talking about McCain/obama, lol. But after the first games of the season, i decided Bama was the WAY better team
smile.png
After watching the season thus far it's obvious i've made the better choice,
smile.png

I'm currently raising two Indian runners in my small backyard. I'm looking to add another duckling to my flock this spring, hopefully a crested, cayuga, or another runner (something on the smaller side). I've posted a topic regaurding finding a breeder or hatchery in Alabama or in Georgia, n/w florida/ Tenn... If you think you can help, take a look at my thread? here:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=106839

thanks!

Last edited:
Newish to forum,ave posted a few ??'s I live in Wetumpka area,just east. I just got back into chickens this year with the economy going to pot...Anyway ordered mine(25) from Murray Mcmurray ( the layers speical) and so far so good. I have also been to the auction in Eclectic,real nice country folk there with a good selection of animals.. One word of caution though, keep em seperate for a few months as I bought 15 buffs and ended up with fowl pox in all mine.
I now only have 18 hens and one large RIR roo,4 guineas, 20 quail, and now the big one..... 50 beehives, yes I'm one of the larger beekeepers in central Al. there are others but not in this area. I also mentor and provide extraction services for others. I do bee removals from homes and such.

Looking for more laying hens, and maybe a few goats. Considering a few large quail pens to start raising them next year.

Always looking for bee yards close by...

I'm in NE Alabama Ashville close to a couple others I see ,Pell City (Angelzfyre), Odenville(firem3) and Oneonta(mcg30_40) and Argo(dracos68).
Glad to see there's some addicted to chickens that are close by!
I have been talking with Jayare a bunch he has been very helpful and giving me a magpie duck to go with my Muscovy that lost her buddy along with 2 others. Can't thank him enough!
I have 25 welsummers 8 weeks. 5 naked necks (I think these are soooo ugly) Probably going to sell them 5 EE, 5 black giants, 5 gold laced Wyn 20 assorted polish that are 9 weeks 4 black giants t and 1 silver laced Wyn that are 6 months and 3 older bantams. 20 goats,1 rabbit, 3 horses, 5 cows. Keeps me busy:p
wee.gif

Welcome to all the new Alabama folks!
welcome-byc.gif

I haven't gotten to get online as much as I used to so am just getting to see all these new posts. I miss my daily fix of BYC!!!!!
Tamsflock, I'm about 17 min from Ashville via 231 so that is close
smile.png
Kingbee, do you, or will you sell honey? We go pretty regularly to my friend's father's place that's in Ramer, right below Montgomery or if you mail it please let me know.
Glad to have more Alabama "neighbors"!!!
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom