ALABAMA!!

Has everybody elses ducks stopped laying now for the winter here in Alabama? I haven't gotten ANY duck eggs in the last 3 days now. I know I've heard and read that Khaki Campbells can lay approx 300 eggs a year so that leaves approx 65 days that they don't lay so is this the start of those 60-100 days where they don't lay?

Anyone here have ducks before that can give me some insite here on this?

Jayare

Jayare's Chicks :

Has everybody elses ducks stopped laying now for the winter here in Alabama? I haven't gotten ANY duck eggs in the last 3 days now. I know I've heard and read that Khaki Campbells can lay approx 300 eggs a year so that leaves approx 65 days that they don't lay so is this the start of those 60-100 days where they don't lay?

Anyone here have ducks before that can give me some insite here on this?

Jayare

Mine stopped laying. My female even left her nest. Its really weird, she had 16 eggs, all where only a couple days till hatching, and she just up and decides to leave them. I waited two day for her to get back on, but she never did, so on day 3 in the morning, I took them in to my very "crude" incubator to try and see if I could get anything out of them.​

Last edited:
Also here in Northport(Tuscaloosa)
cool.png

Back
Top Bottom