ALABAMA!!

hi everybody. i'm from hazel green al. proud parents of 34 baby chicks and 3 pygmy goats and one on the way. 2 dogs.
smile.png

WAR EAGLE Y'all! I'm way way way south at Mobile! I have Barred Rocks, Ameraucanas, a bachelor Buttercup roo (I wanna get some eggs to hatch him some gals), Golden Cuckoo Marans, and some wee Copper Black Marans.
cool.png

gotcochins, thanks, i have 34 baby chicks.there about 2 or 3 weeks old. what would make some of them have diarhea i lost one of my ee chicks today. he looked fine this mornin then i went out this evenin he passed away.
sad.png

Hi ya'll!
I'm in Northeast Central AL, Pell City. War Eagle & Roll Tide since we are a "mixed" family!
lol.png

I raise Buff Orpingtons and have 14 hens and 2 roos.
Getting from 8 to 15 eggs daily right now and needing to build another coop so I can get more girls. Would love to try the Cukoo Marans or Wyandottes.
Welcome to the group all you new chicken lovers!
Randi Lynn/AL

Also home to: 2, 2 legged kids, 1 very understanding hubby, 1 horse, 1 pony, 5 dogs, 6 cats, 4 koi, 4 goldfish, 2 Oscars, 2 Plecos and anything else we find along the way!
jumpy.gif

Quote:
Diarrhea in chicks may or may not mean coccidiosis. You can buy medicines to treat this (like di-methox), but I don't know that I'd do that unless I was sure it was coccidiosis. A more natural approach would be a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar per quart of drinking water, but mild diarrhea isn't all that abnormal. If my chicks were to get diarrhea, I'd take a wait-and-see attitude as long as they acted normal.

(sorry for answering a question meant for someone else
smile.png
)

Back
Top Bottom