ALABAMA!!

yeeee.. I live LUVERNE, AL. I have 5 baby chicks.. I wonder that.. wich one is hen... -_-..

Anyway.. nice meet you every one~!

I am hatching eggs for the first time,quail and chicken to be exact. I think I made boo boos. After reading different posts, I think my eggs are upside down in the incubator. I have about 7 or 8 days left before hatching day. Should I set them the other way? Will they make it?

I am hatching eggs for the first time,quail and chicken to be exact. I think I made boo boos. After reading different posts, I think my eggs are upside down in the incubator. I have about 7 or 8 days left before hatching day. Should I set them the other way? Will they make it?
Tough to say. Have you candled them to see the position and size of the air sac. . .is there any movement? Jump over to the incubating/hatch page. I'm sure there are folks who could better guide you on that site.
Good luck and Welcome!
frow.gif

yeeee.. I live LUVERNE, AL. I have 5 baby chicks.. I wonder that.. wich one is hen... -_-..

Hey, you've joined the right club. . .we are always wondering if our chicks are hens!! haha
hu.gif
You could post pictures under the "What Breed or Gender Am I?" for additional assistance. Welcome to BYC!

Dark crystal chicks! :) exciting..so yeah apparently I have a black star cockrel and a few blue lace red wyandotte cockrels to rehome. In Parrish, but close to Birmingham. Razadia I have family in Selma and.orange beach and visit them often. I will let ya know the next time we head out lol

Oh my goodness. I have some egg hatching questions. I hope someone can help me. I'm a newbie to hatching eggs and on my quail I have about 7 days before they are due.

Hi and welcome to BYC and the ALABAMA!! thread. Wea re glad you joined us and will help anyway we can.

Smilin - I think if they were mine, I would take them out of the carton or turner and lay them on their sides. They can roll around and position themselves if they have room. Candling is a good idea, do some quick research to get an idea how they should look before you try it. I really think you may still get some chicks. Don't fret, mistakes happen, you meant no harm and even if it has a harmful effect this time, you have learned and will not do it again. I lost 40 fully formed chicks on a batch this year. Don't beat yourself up.

Welcome, Welcome to all the newbies. Even the one from GA.
wink.png
We'll just let anybody in here as long as they are willing to say ROLL TIDE.
lau.gif

Anyway, Here it is for those who have expressed interest in obtaining one of my ameraucana hens. I have a very limited number available. If you are interested you may pick up here or I will deliver to the Chicken and Egg festival in Moulton. These will be presales only. I will not be bringing extras and please consider this a commitment as I don't want to bring these back home. I have other plans.

I can also bring hatching eggs for the ams, bantam cochins, easter eggers, olive eggers, BCM or blue and black orps which may be split to lavender.
Chicks for these breeds may also be available to presales.

Please let me know if you are interested as 3 hens are already spoken for.

Feel free to send a pm or contact me on my facebook page @ Self Creek farm.

Back
Top Bottom