ALABAMA!!

Hello slhgoodman and
welcome-byc.gif
and the Alabama board!
Your little EE's are very cute! Congrats!

Got my Easter Eggers a week ago. I can't believe how much they have grown in 1 week. And I can't beleive I haven't done this before now. I do love my chickens already :)

I went and checked on my silkie eggs this afternoon. Noticed that my chickens played musical chair with the eggs. They moved 4 eggs around. I think they are trying to be color coordinated because all my viable eggs that are marked(blue) is under my dominate blue hen and all my viable eggs marked(blue/Splash) is under my splash hen. And my poor omega hen
sad.png
ended up with all the infertile eggs.

p.s. The arrows in the picture are pointing to the eggs not then chicken. One of my friend wanted pictures of the eggs and the chicken didn't want to move so I had to improvise.

Last edited:

Got my Easter Eggers a week ago. I can't believe how much they have grown in 1 week. And I can't beleive I haven't done this before now. I do love my chickens already :)
love.gif
They're adorable. You should see how fast quail grow. I'm still trying to wrap my head around it.
lol.png
They're 3 weeks old and I can almost tell who's male or female.
I went and checked on my silkie eggs this afternoon. Noticed that my chickens played musical chair with the eggs. They moved 4 eggs around. I think they are trying to be color coordinated because all my viable eggs that are marked(blue) is under my dominate blue hen and all my viable eggs marked(blue/Splash) is under my splash hen. And my poor omega hen
sad.png

p.s. The arrows in the picture are pointing to the eggs not then chicken. One of my friend wanted pictures of the eggs and the chicken didn't want to move so I had to improvise.
lol.png
My game hens play musical nest boxes. It drives me crazy, but they always manage to hatch more chicks than I do.

sad.png

How funny!
lau.gif

Omg!
big_smile.png
I found a video clip of my "clicker training" sessions when my chickens when they were chicks. They were taught to touch a target for food.

BTW, I transfer the behavior so they would ring a bell on my back door. Kind of like when a dog rings a bell to go outside. Actually it was the bell my dog ring when they want to come inside.

However, it was a BAD idea because unlike my dogs, those evil chicks rang the bell every 5 minutes to the point I finally removed the bell from my door.

Omg!
big_smile.png
I found a video clip of my "clicker training" sessions when my chickens when they were chicks. They were taught to touch a target for food.

BTW, I transfer the behavior so they would ring a bell on my back door. Kind of like when a dog rings a bell to go outside. Actually it was the bell my dog ring when they want to come inside.

However, it was a BAD idea because unlike my dogs, those evil chicks rang the bell every 5 minutes to the point I finally removed the bell from my door.
Wow! My DH asked if we could train our chickens, I told him I did not think so..... I just showed him your videos! GREAT JOB!!!!

if you facebook click on link in my signature and click join group. The President of the Sulmtaler club in the Netherlands posted a link on the Sulmtaler Group page that is their official website about their club and the Sulmtaler chickens.

I love their tuftey heads... Those (tarwe) wheaten girls
love.gif

If you need any translating done, I'm your gal. I may have a little issue translating technical terms, but that's because I'm not too wellversed in 'chicken SOP' just yet
wink.png

I have two Australorp roos that I'd love to get rid of, too. Mine seem so rough with the hens, but these are my first chickens so I don't know what's normal. On the other hand, they are protective of the hens, one especially.

My roo is an Aussie, and he has two Aussie girls. One is just kinda 'go with the flow, middle of the pecking order', one bosses the roo around! Seriously, my pecking order is: Evil lorp, Roo, rest of birdies, Jersey giant. I'm going to laugh when the Jersey is full grown.. she's the smallest right now, I think she's a really slow grower. But she's so sweet.

Roo is getting the baby makin' fever. He's been chasing those poor girls around, pecking them on the head... they're not ready yet, but he doesn't care
roll.png
They're all 14-15 weeks old.

Thank you so much. :) Glad to be here :)

Belated welcome from Shelby county ^^

Speaking of baby makin' fever... Dear fiance has been staring awfully hard at ladies with babies or preggo bellies.... Tic toc tic toc. Poor fellah. He would love another baby, but we have two boys and we're broke and we have only 2 bedrooms TOTAL. They're already sharing a room as it is.

Doesn't stop the tic toc natural clock, does it?
lau.gif

Maybe that's why I've been having the urge to get some chicks. They're a lot cheaper than another kid.

I love their tuftey heads... Those (tarwe) wheaten girls :love

If you need any translating done, I'm your gal. I may have a little issue translating technical terms, but that's because I'm not too wellversed in 'chicken SOP' just yet ;)

My roo is an Aussie, and he has two Aussie girls. One is just kinda 'go with the flow, middle of the pecking order', one bosses the roo around! Seriously, my pecking order is: Evil lorp, Roo, rest of birdies, Jersey giant. I'm going to laugh when the Jersey is full grown.. she's the smallest right now, I think she's a really slow grower. But she's so sweet.

Roo is getting the baby makin' fever. He's been chasing those poor girls around, pecking them on the head... they're not ready yet, but he doesn't care :rolleyes: They're all 14-15 weeks old.

Belated welcome from Shelby county ^^

Speaking of baby makin' fever... Dear fiance has been staring awfully hard at ladies with babies or preggo bellies.... Tic toc tic toc. Poor fellah. He would love another baby, but we have two boys and we're broke and we have only 2 bedrooms TOTAL. They're already sharing a room as it is.

Doesn't stop the tic toc natural clock, does it? :lau

Maybe that's why I've been having the urge to get some chicks. They're a lot cheaper than another kid.

Yippeeee! So glad you checked out the Sulmtalers! They are so nice. Any time you find something that you think would be helpful would be greatly appreciated. And yes chicks are much cheaper than children!

Well, Sunday is going to be fun. My friend finally has the time to throw a baby shower for me (she's 16 so she's been focused on school like she should be. The 6 year difference in age throws most people off.
lol.png
) and I get to see friends that haven't seen in awhile. I'm looking forward to it since the past couple of weeks have been hectic.

Back
Top Bottom