ALABAMA!!

Good luck tomorrow Raz! We'll be sending you prayers and good energy!!!
X2 Raz Will be praying! And everything will be great!
love.gif

I do ... we live in the Jefferson county area , Been here for almost 2 years now. Lots of work to do but we love it and our neighbors no complaints. Let me introduce you guys to some of the family . In addition to the ducks who will be allowed to have the run of the back yard . The RIR will be put in their own pen will Fred no relation to the hens.

They 2 more weeks to go before they are old enough to start laying

Here are some others we will be seperating and dividing up into layers and breeder pens

Black giants, white leggings, RIR , and some Domaneakers that are not shown jere because they are only 2 weeks old. We will be selling off any extra roosters we may have. Which looks like a lot becaude i think we ended up with around 6 extra on the Rhode Island Reds ... none i dont think on the whites which we have a rooster for and maybe 2 or 3 on the Americonas which arent shown here.

h and i must not forget our lonrly Tom my brod bronze breasted turkey .. speaking of does anyone know where I can find this fellow a hen?

Three young turkeys for sale on craigslist, B'ham. under Farm and Garden.

Last edited:
The only thing I can suggest is to hang around this thread. Birds and eggs come up for sale on here from time to time. You could also check the Buy, Sell, Trade section of the site, but as far as I know they don't all have their location listed.
Personally, I think that's just a myth spurred mostly by the spottiness of fertility. I've hatched plenty of pullet eggs in the past with good results and strong chicks.

Your. Exactly right it has to do with the hit and miss of the fertility but also had to do with size

Your. Exactly right it has to do with the hit and miss of the fertility but also had to do with size

The size and shape of the hens eggs which really does not effect anything ... when our first set of Rhode Island Red hens started laying the eggs were med but when they matured they were large to jumbo . We ordered some eggs once you could tell the hens that layed them were young by the shape and size of there eggs and only 5 eggs were fertile out of 12 the ones that hatched were petfectly healthy no defects or anything but i was looking for a better fertility rate .
Young hens eggs are perfectly good for human consuption or personal hatching. I just would not personaly want to buy or sale any eggs laid by a hen who has not been laying for three weeks or longer for hatching purposes .

Back
Top Bottom