ALABAMA!!

OK Bessemer TSC has more chicks in today.. RIR, Cornish X, and something marked "Pullets" I remembered to ask what breeds this time before driving in and I asked if the one marked Pullets was a mix of pullets and they said yes. When I got there they all looked the same
barnie.gif
and I could not talk them into letting me get only 4 so I ended up with 4 of the "pullets" and 2 RIR which I am praying will not be male! The LAST thing I want is a RIR roo! (and I think that darker one in front is..) I asked if the lady could show me their wings so I could guess by the old wing method but they are so tiny and she kept holding it the wrong way showing me the under side (i'm nearsighted too) so .. I said nvm I'll just take whichever she grabs.

I am guessing these pullets are Barred Rock? I have 2 of those already although they didn't have any white on their wings and the chickens I had shipped from IDEAL were so much larger than these guys! They are as small as an egg which makes sense but I've never seen it ;) lol Their underbellies and butts are creamy yellow.

OK Bessemer TSC has more chicks in today.. RIR, Cornish X, and something marked "Pullets" I remembered to ask what breeds this time before driving in and I asked if the one marked Pullets was a mix of pullets and they said yes. When I got there they all looked the same
barnie.gif
and I could not talk them into letting me get only 4 so I ended up with 4 of the "pullets" and 2 RIR which I am praying will not be male! The LAST thing I want is a RIR roo! (and I think that darker one in front is..) I asked if the lady could show me their wings so I could guess by the old wing method but they are so tiny and she kept holding it the wrong way showing me the under side (i'm nearsighted too) so .. I said nvm I'll just take whichever she grabs.

I am guessing these pullets are Barred Rock? I have 2 of those already although they didn't have any white on their wings and the chickens I had shipped from IDEAL were so much larger than these guys! They are as small as an egg which makes sense but I've never seen it ;) lol Their underbellies and butts are creamy yellow.

Just came home with some chicks from Montevallo TSC. They've got straigh run RIR, straight run barred rocks, straigh run white rocks and cornish X
roll.png
I got 2 of the white rocks and 4 barred rocks. Guess I wont need to buy cornish X to get myself some chicken dinner. Now lets hope I got atleast SOME girls.

The lady put them in a box and I was like 'let me take a look' and check their wings/feet. Gave her one white rock back, I was SURE it was a boy. Big feet and ZERO wing feathers
lol.png
Just taking a chance on the others.

Those sound like the barred rocks I just got.. look a lot the same too.

BTW first time using my Premier heat plate. OMG I love this thing! The babies have been home for half an hour and they're ASLEEP. I've never seen chicks settle down so fast. Straight under the heat plate, some soft little peeps, but mostly silence. Wow.

Hey my fellow Alabamians! Does anyone happen to know of a used incubator for sale for 24-48 eggs? I'm trying not to spend a ton of money on one because I thought we had one, and it's not in my budget! We're about to build the coop and I just found out the old incubator was trashed since it had apparently died! :'( Thanks for your help and hospitality! Yall were so quick to answer and so friendly, I just think I may stay awhile :)

Back
Top Bottom