ALABAMA!!

RedneckGurl

Songster
7 Years
Jan 15, 2013
Athens, Alabama
I order my UACV online from Vitacost.com. Their brand is cheaper than Braggs but just as good. I order six large bottles at a time since I use it in my waterers as well.

Tomtommom

Songster
7 Years
Jan 14, 2013
Montevallo, AL
I order my UACV online from Vitacost.com. Their brand is cheaper than Braggs but just as good. I order six large bottles at a time since I use it in my waterers as well.
You can inoculate store bought regular ACV with your UACV. Just pour a bit into one of those big gallon jugs of the cheap stuff. Let it sit a while. Voila! UACV.

Dragonfly216

Songster
6 Years
Sep 21, 2013
Birmingham, Alabama
I'm so EGGCITED to be adding a young trio of Blue English Orps hopefully shipping next week if the weather permits! 2 blue pullets and a black cockeral
YIPPEE!

Oh...but I do LOVE my Dorkings. Gotta love the big english breeds
NONE of these boys gave me one second of trouble like EVERY other thing I've had out there including hatchery strains of Silver Grey Dorkings. These are the reds.

How beautiful!!!!

Wisher1000

Bama Biddy
9 Years
Mar 31, 2010
Tuscaloosa County, Alabama
Quote: Hey there, Kowgurl! Long time, no see! I texted you the other day about a "chicken thing" I heard was happening at the arena out your way last weekend. Did you see it? Did you know anything about it? If I had known for sure, I would have gone, but since I didn't want to waste a trip, I stayed home. What are you working on at your place as far as chickens go?

kowgurl62

Songster
10 Years
Feb 21, 2009
knoxville, al
Heyyy Wisher, unfortunately my work phone doesn't allow me to get texts :(. Nope, I didn't go, Lindsey had a barrel race. Well, I got rid of all the welsummers and cull marans. Just looked at my hens I have left, and need to make a few more culls. And I guess, the blue copper roo is just going to produce egg layers, and pretty hens :), as all his daughters are laying light eggs. So back to the drawing board on blue coppers. I just got a shipment of 15 chicks from a lady who got her birds directly from Bev Davis, so I should have pure davis line of birds here shortly. Hopefully they'll lay nice dark eggs. Ohhh, the hens off of that birchen marans I had, the huge bird, are laying,,,,DARK eggs, I got a 7 and an 8 egg out of one of them. UN fortunately, they're not pure birchen, so they just be egg layers :(. What's cookin' in your bators this year?

kowgurl62

Songster
10 Years
Feb 21, 2009
knoxville, al
Oh yeah, trying to find some girlies for my buff brahma bantam. I lost my two hens late last summer before I got a chance to hatch any, so, if I do find any, I'm just concentrating on the marans and the buffs. If I don't find him some girlies, then he gotta go.

DeannaA

Songster
6 Years
Jul 8, 2013
Tuscaloosa, AL
Thanks for the info on fermenting feed. I started a batch today but couldnt find uacv. Maybe it will work without it. My brahmas are almost 16 wks old now. Can hardly wait to collect my first egg. Ive read about brahmas laying at 16 weeks. Wish i wouldnt have cause i check constantly. Feel kinda like the "watched pot never boils" phrase.
I use a little bit of buttermilk to ferment mine. My chickens liked it better than the ACV and my ACV batch got increasingly stronger and I had to restart every couple of weeks. With the buttermilk, I only have to restart every couple of months. But I think it has a lot to do with what feed you use as well.

DeannaA

Songster
6 Years
Jul 8, 2013
Tuscaloosa, AL
Thrashers is Bessemer had Buff Orpingtons and RIR, I think. I just saw them in the bins. I didn't ask. That was Friday and they had quite a few. I don't think they have a minimum to buy.

My Orpington chicks from Wisher are doing great. Her Black Orpingtons are amazing. Amy is really nice in Cullman. I saw someone on here bought some chicks from her. There is a guy near Huey town. He has Black and Blue Copper Marans, Legbars, Rhodebars and Chocolate Orpingtons. I got my Legbars and Marans from him. His name is Chuck (205)777-1063 is his business line.

Top Bottom