ALABAMA!!

I don't think it would be a bad thing... Alot of cross breeds are very beautiful! I always got the mixed mutts for my dogs and they always turned out to be the best dogs! :)

Mutts are great as long as you know what you have. If people pay $ in this economy for a pure bred chick or hatching egg, they expect what they pay for. I raise chickens for my pleasure and hobby, but I sell pure bred chicks and hatching eggs to suplement the cost of feed etc. If I sold an ameraucana chick as pure bred and it laid a pink egg for example, my reputation would be damaged.
If you only wanted chickens for eating eggs or meat, or as long as you are happy with a "suprise" each time you hatch then mutts are great. As previously stated, many times they have a better temperment. They are often more colorful. It's just about truth in advertising.
wink.png

Mutts are great as long as you know what you have. If people pay $ in this economy for a pure bred chick or hatching egg, they expect what they pay for. I raise chickens for my pleasure and hobby, but I sell pure bred chicks and hatching eggs to suplement the cost of feed etc. If I sold an ameraucana chick as pure bred and it laid a pink egg for example, my reputation would be damaged.
If you only wanted chickens for eating eggs or meat, or as long as you are happy with a "suprise" each time you hatch then mutts are great. As previously stated, many times they have a better temperment. They are often more colorful. It's just about truth in advertising.
wink.png
Understood. I just bought "pure bred araucanas" but I am skeptical. I'll believe it when I see the eggs.

I have seen on here that alot of the people want pure breed chickens. That is why I am trying to figure out how to keep my roos separate from my hens and then try to figure out how to get them to mate to have chcks and eggs to sell. My husband is not going to like making so many areas for CHICKENS!! He is probably going to pull his hair out... :)

My plan is to keep several different colors of silkies and breed them, and keep a separate area for the blue lace wyandottes. Though a cross between those two will probably be very tempting. :)

Back
Top Bottom