ALABAMA!!

I know! I am over run with roosters also! I have 12! and only 10 hens!!!!
he.gif

I know! I am over run with roosters also! I have 12! and only 10 hens!!!!
he.gif

I thought I had it bad, with 2 roosters and 5 hens. I have the roosters separated right now. They were just too rough on the hens. If I was practical, I would get rid of one or both of them.

I have a separate coop for my roosters that I will want to keep. But I don't want more than 3-4 for sure! We keep trying to finish the coop and runs but with me having been sick and all the rain we are still trying to get it done....
idunno.gif

It's really hard to find much on them. They're a Mexican breed that hasn't quite taken off here yet, but people are always excited to find out that our feed store sells them. (we supply them with chicks.)
When you have time, could you post a few pictures. Are they meat birds, good for eggs, for showing? I can't manage any more than I have, just curious.

Hi, we're located in Vance, AL. To see some of our chickens and other critters, go to our web site (in my signature). Just started showing and raising Silkies. I have bantam buff laced Polish and standard Tolbunt Polish going into lockdown in the incubator in a couple days. I am excited! We had 3 splash Silkie chicks hatch tonight and another on the way tomorrow. I saw about the tri-county chicken auction in Millbrook. I could NOT be trusted there. :)
Welcome! Lots of silkie loovers at BYC!!

I have a separate coop for my roosters that I will want to keep. But I don't want more than 3-4 for sure! We keep trying to finish the coop and runs but with me having been sick and all the rain we are still trying to get it done....
idunno.gif
What' been ailing you chicka? Hope you get to feeling better soon. This weather has alot of folks down with sniffles/cold/flu.

Back
Top Bottom