ALABAMA!!

I live in Pensacola, often referred to as LA
(lower Alabama) LOL
Hey neighbor, I know you know what we're talking about when it comes to heat, humidity and the. . .rains!!! Welcome and stick around, please!
frow.gif

No please don't be embarrassed! I showed my DH and he and I love them! Infact we have built doors on 2 sides of our coop and added windows on the other two sides. So that we could get some cross breeze going thru it and when I saw yours I told my DH we should just make screen doors for now and later on when it gets cool to cover the doors with something that will keep them warm! He likes the idea and we have several rolls of screen in the shed already. Our coop is homemade and it is our first with out any experience we don't know how it will work... We are going to learn from it though!
thumbsup.gif
Awesome, girl, this is making my heart happy. Happy Chickens, down south, living the good life!!!

[COLOR=800000]Welcome to our newcomers!  Glad to have you along!  It is really nice to see this thread becoming so active and getting to know others nearby that share the chicken obsession!  As you get to know the site better, you will likely find other threads that you like, but remember that this is were you have your roots. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=800000]Oh, and are you Crimson or Orange?  Roll Tide![/COLOR]

Well I'm both! So war tide!!!

thumbsup.gif
Awesome, girl, this is making my heart happy. Happy Chickens, down south, living the good life!!!
Just side note, the screen needs to be durable/thick enough so that the claws of coon can't rip it open. Hardware cloth is a pain to work with, scratches you up, but very durable. Good luck, and send pic's of yor coop when you can! OK?
highfive.gif

Just side note, the screen needs to be durable/thick enough so that the claws of coon can't rip it open. Hardware cloth is a pain to work with, scratches you up, but very durable. Good luck, and send pic's of yor coop when you can! OK?
highfive.gif
I was thinking about that a bit ago... lol We will find something to use. Thank you! When we get it done I will post some pic's.

My chickens have an open air coop. It was supposed to be their run with a little rolling coop attached, but they prefer roosting in the run. I have a little rolling coop attached which they use for laying eggs. Please excuse this junky photo of taken it before it was completely finished.

Back
Top Bottom