ALABAMA!!

It seems to never fail with my guys.... I've got a 3 month old Amercaunia roo who was fine yesterday and this morning, usually very lively and doesn't like to be messed with, who all of a sudden seems to not feel well. I came out to check on them when it was raining and he was laying off by himself. He won't get up and walk much, or far when he does, and is panting intermentantly. And now you can hold him all the time. He drinks if we bring the water to him and will eat a little. Also the retina in his eyes has formed spots. Other than the neighbors dog yesterday there has been no excitement or stress. No changes in food either. He is the only one to present these symptoms. Any suggestions would be great.

Did you or your neighbor treated their yard recently? Do you have rat poison out somewhere he might have gotten it?

Did you or your neighbor treated their yard recently?  Do you have rat poison out somewhere he might have gotten it? 
no none of us have treated our yards with anything. After we got the chickens we refuse to put anything on it that will hurt them, and our neighbor has a dog and cats that run around every so often, plus a little girl, so they don't treat theirs either.

Marek's ? I sure hope not but that was the first think I thought of when I read this. There are lots of threads here about it. So sorry BSisco. Separate him from the others ASAP no matter what it is, he doesn't need to be with the others.
I will look into that thanks. And we have already brought him inside.

My quail eggs are on their way!
celebrate.gif
That's always good news on a morning like this.

Yesterday was my "official" due date, but as you can see nothing happened. I suppose I'll know today whether or not I'll have to be induced and I'm hoping they say that I won't have to.
fl.gif
The thought scares me too much.

I was induced... it's not the end of the world. Although I can't compare it to the natural course of things.

Went in at 5am, got the meds around 7am, had my son around 9pm. It was a long day, but just keep telling yourself that it's just temporary pain and you can do anything.

I seriously kept telling myself 'It'll go away, it'll go away, I can do this' through the contractions.. that and I was dreaming about getting to eat afterward :p They weren't letting me have anything all day!

Does anyone want an Australorp roo? He's very good looking, 16 weeks old.. he needs some mature women to swoon.. my little ladies aren't ready for his advances.. one particularly sad looking partridge rock has no tail anymore. He's been doing his rooster dance *shake head, stomp feet, flap wings and POUNCE*

I've been kicking him out the coop to give them some peace.

If not, he will be eaten soon. We checked him today, he's got a fair bit of meat on him. Going to give him some extra's for a week and then he's toast.

My momma is the same, by the way. Doc says the MRSA responded to treatment in the lab, so it should be a matter of time. Her blood pressure is pretty high, which is good in this case. All organs are still doing their thing, so it's just her lungs. All we can do is wait. It's going to be a long road either way.

Does anyone know where I can get Marek's vaccine? Not sure if this is what my Fred has, but not willing to take a chance with my babies.

Hello everyone I am from magnolia springs! Does anyone know anyone around baldwin county selling chicks? I have 2 I am considering getting rid of and replacing with others. Right now I have Cochins, Austrolorps, and Orpingtons. :D

Back
Top Bottom