ALABAMA!!

My friend who works at the Enterprise TSC said the chicks and ducks just arrived.

I'm on my way over there now.
wee.gif

I just might do that! After all, you live about 5 minutes from me, if that. :)

honestly, I wouldn't mind raising meat birds but I don't want fertile eggs just yet...that would freak me out to go to bake with my eggs, and crack an open fertile egg.

You only have a problem if you do not pick up the egg and refrigerate right after they are laid. I have a friend that will send me eggs ever so often(She live in TN). She has so many free ranging chickens that it may be a week or two before she discover the eggs. I always hold my breath and hope there isn't a developing chick in it when I crack one of those egg ( in a separate bowl) before using it.

Last edited:
the feature breed at the enterprise TSC is the speckled Sussex. I took a gamble and got six since they are straight run. I also just picked up four of the "assorted red pullets". We'll see what they actually turn out to be.

I just hope I didn't get all ten cockerels.
fl.gif

That's so wrong y'all! You got me all sorts of excited... none of the TSC in our area have chicks yet
sad.png

Dear husband called Bessemer, Chelsea, Montevallo, Clanton, Northporth and Tuscaloosa!

Patience... patience....
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom