ALABAMA!!

have you tried flea markets? Try Ripley, Mountain top, or Lacon. They usually have birds /animals. You could also try livestock sales.
The flea markets and auctions that I know of are very far. I have been to a few but it is a lot of gas not knowing if there will be any turkeys. I have been told the last 2 weekends that there was definately going to be turkeys at some auctions. One had turkeys but you had to buy them all and the only single hen was Max's sister. The other auction didn't have any. I have heard of Mountain top but never been. It's 2 hours and so is Lacon. I don't know where Ripley is and it didn't show up on google maps. I am near Tuscaloosa. I have already spent quite a lot looking and I still don't have a turkey.
sad.png
I few people have offered injured, sick or mixed turkeys but I'd have to drive 2 hours and they were charging $45-75. Most turkeys, healthy, uninjured and pure bred are $25-35. I am fine with $35 and a 2 hour drive each way if I know I'm coming home with a turkey. I love my Max but I have to be practical. Altough the one eyed $50 hen is moving up on my list.
big_smile.png

The flea markets and auctions that I know of are very far. I have been to a few but it is a lot of gas not knowing if there will be any turkeys. I have been told the last 2 weekends that there was definately going to be turkeys at some auctions. One had turkeys but you had to buy them all and the only single hen was Max's sister. The other auction didn't have any. I have heard of Mountain top but never been. It's 2 hours and so is Lacon. I don't know where Ripley is and it didn't show up on google maps. I am near Tuscaloosa. I have already spent quite a lot looking and I still don't have a turkey.
sad.png
I few people have offered injured, sick or mixed turkeys but I'd have to drive 2 hours and they were charging $45-75. Most turkeys, healthy, uninjured and pure bred are $25-35. I am fine with $35 and a 2 hour drive each way if I know I'm coming home with a turkey. I love my Max but I have to be practical. Altough the one eyed $50 hen is moving up on my list.
big_smile.png

Try a hatchery? Cackle has a $25 minimum. That's 3 turkey poults, I think. And as hard a time as you have finding them, someone else is too... so you could Craigslist them for $10+ a piece to get a bit of shipping cost back
lol.png

EDIT: Not Cackle, Ideal. Durr.... $7 for broad breasted bronze turkey pullet chick.

Last edited:
Try a hatchery? Cackle has a $25 minimum. That's 3 turkey poults, I think. And as hard a time as you have finding them, someone else is too... so you could Craigslist them for $10+ a piece to get a bit of shipping cost back
lol.png

EDIT: Not Cackle, Ideal. Durr.... $7 for broad breasted bronze turkey pullet chick.
I will look at cackle. I looked at a lot of hatcheries and they always had a high minimum of turkeys, 15 or 25. I don't think I looked at cackle. I didn't find any that sold sexed turkeys. I don't want males and I don't want to have to sale males because people usually eat them.

lol.png

I will look at Ideal. Broad breasted wouldn't be good because they end up with leg problems. They get so heavy they break legs. A friend of mine has one and it's been in a cast three times.

I just looked on Ideal. They only have sraightruns and a minimum of 10. Only the broad breasted are available in females and in low numbers. I might just have to take my chances.

Last edited:
I will look at Ideal. Broad breasted wouldn't be good because they end up with leg problems. They get so heavy they break legs. A friend of mine has one and it's been in a cast three times.

I just looked on Ideal. They only have sraightruns and a minimum of 10. I'm not sure where you saw sexed and a minimum of 3. Can you post a link to the page?

Ideals page wont link, it's kinda ancient. They have other turkeys too, wild and rare as they call them. Those are a minimum of 10, straight run and around $10 a piece. They only offer pullets in the broad breasted.
hmm.png

Hm.... order eggs? Wisher is nearby and she's an egg hatching fiend
lol.png

Ideals page wont link, it's kinda ancient. They have other turkeys too, wild and rare as they call them. Those are a minimum of 10, straight run and around $10 a piece. They only offer pullets in the broad breasted.
hmm.png

Hm.... order eggs? Wisher is nearby and she's an egg hatching fiend
lol.png
Wisher is great. I just met her. She has the most beautiful Black Orpingtons. SHe doesn't have turkeys.

Back
Top Bottom