ALABAMA!!

I have my Silver Campine project just starting to roll. The first (2) pure SC eggs are cooking now and due on the 14th. There is another batch in the bator due a week later with more pure SCs and some 3/4 Campine experiments. I have a 1/2 Campine hen that is crossed with a white EE rooster. She is correct (although not perfect) in her eye color, leg color, earlobes, comb and has nice clean hackles. On the downside, she has white down to her mid body and her barring is all wrong. The reason I'm using her is because she has a nice flat back which my SCs need, badly. I plan to hatch from her this year, select the best three hens, and put them back to the dad. The resulting chicks from that mating will be 7/8 SC and if they show the correct coloring and the wide back, I'll have done something! If I get some squirrely results, I'll just stop using her.

I got a cabinet incubator for Christmas and have been hatching ever since! I have just about gotten the hatch-everything-laid phase out of the way and am concentrating on the ones I can use or sell.

I went to the Ohio Nationals back in November and picked up the SCs (from Urch) and a trio of Black Orpingtons on impulse. They are huge and the chicks are selling so well that I can't keep them. You should come see them!

Some people on the show quality threads are hardcore.

I have a tons of friends that shows dogs. They invest a huge amount of time and money showing and improving the breed. I do not breed or show(at least not in conformation) but I think they have to be or learn to be somewhat "hardcore" to do what they do to produced beautiful dogs. I'm sure it's the same way with chickens.

Someone on one of the chicke Facebook groups is selling 4 GORGEOUS BLRW hens and 2 roosters for $100 total, they look healthy and are about a year old. Not a bad price if you ask me.

I just want one or two of the hens.... anyone want the rest?
lol.png
We could totally go in together. They're in Bessemer/Hueytown.

I have a tons of friends that shows dogs.  They invest a huge amount of time and money showing and improving the breed. I do not breed or show(at least not in conformation) but I think they have to be or learn to be somewhat "hardcore" to do what they do to produced beautiful dogs.  I'm sure it's the same way with chickens. 
i was reading about some sq birds that werent allowed in the sunlight for fear of feather discoloration. Thats pretty hardcore. Oh and they said my chickens are ugly.

Don't sweat the small stuff, Bamadude. They would think my birds were ugly, too. I hope, at least, that you asked for their opinion of your birds. They compare every bird to what the SOP says and anything that is not close to that is ugly. That's fine if it's what you are into, but many people are not. They just think everyone should have the same standards. I don't dislike the "hardcore" breeders, I just recognize that their focus is different.

Thrashers is Bessemer had Buff Orpingtons and RIR, I think. I just saw them in the bins. I didn't ask. That was Friday and they had quite a few. I don't think they have a minimum to buy.

My Orpington chicks from Wisher are doing great. Her Black Orpingtons are amazing. Amy is really nice in Cullman. I saw someone on here bought some chicks from her. There is a guy near Huey town. He has Black and Blue Copper Marans, Legbars, Rhodebars and Chocolate Orpingtons. I got my Legbars and Marans from him. His name is Chuck (205)777-1063 is his business line.
I did not need to see that lol.. especially about the part with no minimum because then I could just get two more... I like my BO's so far they are the softest chickens I have. Not my friendliest but not completely shy either.

I did not need to see that lol.. especially about the part with no minimum because then I could just get two more... I like my BO's so far they are the softest chickens I have. Not my friendliest but not completely shy either.
My Buff is the most cuddley chicken I have. She gets in map lap and if I am not sitting, she tugs on my clothes until I pick her up. I have 2 EEs that are also very snuggley. All 3 trying to fit on my lap at once.

I have my Silver Campine project just starting to roll. The first (2) pure SC eggs are cooking now and due on the 14th. There is another batch in the bator due a week later with more pure SCs and some 3/4 Campine experiments. I have a 1/2 Campine hen that is crossed with a white EE rooster. She is correct (although not perfect) in her eye color, leg color, earlobes, comb and has nice clean hackles. On the downside, she has white down to her mid body and her barring is all wrong. The reason I'm using her is because she has a nice flat back which my SCs need, badly. I plan to hatch from her this year, select the best three hens, and put them back to the dad. The resulting chicks from that mating will be 7/8 SC and if they show the correct coloring and the wide back, I'll have done something! If I get some squirrely results, I'll just stop using her.

I got a cabinet incubator for Christmas and have been hatching ever since! I have just about gotten the hatch-everything-laid phase out of the way and am concentrating on the ones I can use or sell.

I went to the Ohio Nationals back in November and picked up the SCs (from Urch) and a trio of Black Orpingtons on impulse. They are huge and the chicks are selling so well that I can't keep them. You should come see them!
All of your Campines are pretty even the mixed one. I am so in love with your Orpingtons. I can't wait to see how my babies turn out. They are so cute. They come to the side of my bed when I'm on the computer to let me know when they are out of food. They talk to me all of the time. I think my nomads have trained them. I never had any chatters until my Barnevelders (Nomads). Now they are busting everyone out and teaching them all to talk and wander.

Back
Top Bottom