ALABAMA!!

Great meeting sh0ptildr this morning! My daughter has one barred Rock pullet, five New Hampshire Red pullets and one cockerel, and five black Australorp pullets and one cockerel available still. $12 each or all for 13 for $120. These are her 4-H chickens hatched May 13, 2014. Located in Henagar, AL

I love chicken watching
smile.png

Hey y'all.

I'm from Birmingham. And, I have 11 golden penciled hamburgs that I ordered from MurrayMcMurray. They came in early June, so they're about 4 months old and not laying just yet. In any case, my original plan was to only keep 6 or 7 of them. I'm still not 100% sure if they're all pullets or if there's a rooster or two in there. (There should be 2, but 4 of the 15 they shipped died within 48 hours of hatching, so I don't really know just yet.) But, I wanted to see if anyone would be interested in buying a trio or 4 should I turn out to have two roosters, and also just see if there's anyone else in the vicinity with an interest in Hamburgs.

Naomi

Last edited:
I chicken watch constantly. I even moved my coop so I could see them out my side windows. I get to do my dishes and chicken watch, so it's not that big of a chore. haha My kids are guilty of constant chicken watching too. It's weird to say in this day and time, but my kids would rather watch the chickens than the television!

Hey y'all.

I'm from Birmingham. And, I have 11 golden penciled hamburgs that I ordered from MurrayMcMurray. They came in early June, so they're about 4 months old and not laying just yet. In any case, my original plan was to only keep 6 or 7 of them. I'm still not 100% sure if they're all pullets or if there's a rooster or two in there. (There should be 2, but 4 of the 15 they shipped died within 48 hours of hatching, so I don't really know just yet.) But, I wanted to see if anyone would be interested in buying a trio or 4 should I turn out to have to roosters, and also just see if there's anyone else in the vicinity with an interest in Hamburgs.

Naomi

Welcome to BYC! I love all chickens, and would take them off your hands, but I'm very north of you! About 2-2.5 hours.

Hello, Naomi! Welcome to BYC and the ALABAMA!! thread.

I am just down the highway in Tuscaloosa and I raise Silver Campines. They are similar to Hamburgs and also come in the silver and golden varieties. If I were not already set up in Campines, I would definitely consider Hamburgs as they are quite rare and in desperate need of dedicated breeders. If you decide you want to work on the breed, and to do more than just keep Hamburgs, I may be able to help you, and would certainly be willing to answer any questions you may have. I really like them, but best not get any from you since they are so similar to my Campines. Stay in touch and let us know how you do with them!

Dragonfly216, you may want to get a couple of these to pair with your GC cockerel. They are VERY close and the only real difference you will see is the rose comb (vs the straight comb on your bird.) Your chicks from that cross will likely have straight combs. Just a thought.........

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom