ALABAMA!!

The scovies have me covered up in eggs. The chooks on the other hand have just cranked up this week. I got 5 Wednesday and 4 yesterday out of 11 or so hens. If anyone would like muscovy hatching eggs, I can spare a couple dozen. $20 / dozen with extra 6 (18 total) included
Or I can hatch them for you. Ducklings will be $6 each.

I had 12 eggs out of 13 birds the other day
th.gif

The scovies have moved into the dog yard.. the dogs like to eat their food, and they're not happy the ducks bathe in their water bowl
gig.gif
but they get along. The ducks have moved into their dog house (there's two, one big wooden one and a Dogloo.. the ducks decided they liked the wooden one best and made the dogs move into the Dogloo). They've been enjoying their grazing space and room to walk and stretch their wings. The drake is definitely putting on the moves and the ladies look ready to lay, they've been making hay circles.

Quote:

Hello everyone.....

Y'all are too funny. Talithahorse's name is Shannon too. She has taken up the Dorkings for their fabulous history and flavor, and I hatched some chicks for her last fall. She gifted me a young cockeral from the group! Thanks girl! He's doing great and thinking I'll introduce him to the rest of the flock this weekend.

"The scovies have moved into the dog yard.. the dogs like to eat their food, and they're not happy the ducks bathe in their water bowl
gig.gif
but they get along. The ducks have moved into their dog house (there's two, one big wooden one and a Dogloo.. the ducks decided they liked the wooden one best and made the dogs move into the Dogloo). They've been enjoying their grazing space and room to walk and stretch their wings. The drake is definitely putting on the moves and the ladies look ready to lay, they've been making hay circles."

Just too darn funny!!!
lol.png

We decided today, this year we are going to get started on goats. I'm so excited! We have planned where the housing is going to be. Hubby is getting started on gathering the materials needed.

In case I haven't said, we be poor folk here. We built our coop out of pallets, and the nest boxes, windows, roof everything, is free material that was headed to the dump. It wont win the home and garden beauty award, but the chickies are safe and sound, and that's all that matters.

Why does it seem like I'm always fighting with dad about chickens? My birthday is Tuesday and Blue wanted to get me some eggs to hatch. Dad said no chickens unless they're RIR. Now he says no chickens. This is driving me crazy.

Gotta mark my spot.
wink.png

Razadia, I can't say. It looks like you have chickens is that true. Is this chickens for him? Does he say why?

DW says she won't take care of the chickens so it's all on me. Though she will if I go south. When I'm here no. She def won't clean them.

Back
Top Bottom