ALABAMA!!

Morning LowerBamaMama,
I was born in Cottonwood and raised in Panama CIty; now live in Walton County, Florida (near Florala).
I have Speckled Sussex, Welsummers, Buff Orpies, and FBCM.
Go Bama! Go Kentucky !

How the heck were you born in Cottonwood??? Lol there's no hospital... Oh Lordy...
Husband works in PC for the Post Office... Off topic, BUT it's funny to hear everyone bad mouth the postal service on the way they handle fragile packages... I know that my husband at least treats them ALL like they have eggs in them lol
Once I expand my housing capabilities, I may have to convince you to trade some Speckleds for some Bielefelders =]

Well, all I can tell you is that about 50-60years ago there was a barn out there on the highway going toward Highway 231. My parents were share-croppers. One morning my precious mother went out to the barn for something and bang!.............the pains hit her and I was born there before the doctor could get there.
Maybe that's where my love for farms and animals began. I have spent my life in the Ministry and presently I am the Senior Chaplain for the State prison system, but I live in the country and and really do enjoy my chickens and "farm life..." When your ready, I'd be happy to get you some specks.
-ron

Well, all I can tell you is that about 50-60years ago there was a barn out there on the highway going toward Highway 231. My parents were share-croppers. One morning my precious mother went out to the barn for something and bang!.............the pains hit her and I was born there before the doctor could get there.
Maybe that's where my love for farms and animals began.  I have spent my life in the Ministry and presently I am the Senior Chaplain for the State prison system, but I live in the country and and really do enjoy my chickens and "farm life..."  When your ready, I'd be happy to get you some specks.
-ron

Your mother must be an amazing woman!! I just looked up what a FBCM is (new to chickens) holy cow those eggs!!! I've heard of chicken math, but I think I'm really starting to understand lol I NEED one of those!!

Well, it happens that I have a young pair of marans that I would be willing to part with. They are about 6 wks old and are losing their yellow belly baby feathering. Be glad to meet you folk somewhere and hand'em over. Maybe we need something from Dothan anyways.
-ron

Born in Dothan, raised in Ashford, and (fingers crossed) starting next week raising my own chicks at my home in Cottonwood.

Oh, and ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
(Husband just rolled his eyes and mumbled something silly about an eagle... Crazy man doesn't even remember his team mascot is a tiger!!)

Hi neighbor. Welcome from Dale county

Quote: Now you just need to look up Wellsummers, Olive Eggers, Easter Eggers, Ameracaunas, Isbars, Legbars, and.... every other breed of chicken known to man!
lol.png

Remember, this site is full of enablers!
big_smile.png

Now you just need to look up Wellsummers, Olive Eggers, Easter Eggers, Ameracaunas, Isbars, Legbars, and.... every other breed of chicken known to man! :lol:

Remember, this site is full of enablers! :D

I think my limited housing space will quell my impulse to overstock lol

Edit: AND my husband lol

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom