ALABAMA!!

More rain yesterday- it is greening up here fast.

Here, too. I'm enjoying this mild late winter/early spring very much (other than the tornadoes). My horse has cut his voluntary hay consumption in half since January, and, considering the drought/hay shortage we were in all fall, that has taken a LOT of pressure off my wallet!

Tornadoes we just stay prepared for year round.

I no longer keep a horse, that is a big factor in keeping them. We spent a small fortune feeding goats this year. Unless a horse saddles itsownself i woildn't get nearly any riding in. It would just be a pasture ornament. I still look at ads of quarter horses for sale. Just a habit, and i still have my ranch saddle.

Last edited:
Mine is just a pasture ornament at this point. He's 22 years old and permanently lame, but he was my first horse and has earned his pension. Luckily, I get to ride occasionally at work to keep my skills polished up.

frow.gif
Raz!

I just set 48 eggs from my Standard bred Ameraucana B/B/S pen. I will have chicks in three weeks. I will be keeping some and selling some, so if you would like some, let me know. They will be $5 each and available for pick up only in Tuscaloosa County.

Got my first egg today! My Easter Egger, Ethel, has been squatting and digging around in the nest boxes since Sunday. She laid this perfect little blue-green egg in the nest box today!

:frow Raz! I just set 48 eggs from my Standard bred Ameraucana B/B/S pen. I will have chicks in three weeks. I will be keeping some and selling some, so if you would like some, let me know. They will be $5 each and available for pick up only in Tuscaloosa County.
:frow Hi wisher!
Got my first egg today! My Easter Egger, Ethel, has been squatting and digging around in the nest boxes since Sunday. She laid this perfect little blue-green egg in the nest box today!
Oh wow, that's pretty! Congrats!

Last edited:
Pretty good sized egg too

Yes, she did well for a first timer. I have tiny hands, but I'd say the first two eggs she laid were close to a grocery store "small" egg. She took yesterday off and laid one that's closer to a "medium" this morning. She's a keeper, for sure. I've two more squatting pretty reliably and checking out the nest boxes now - another Easter Egger and a Speckled Sussex. It's an exciting time around here!

Back
Top Bottom