ALABAMA!!

I have a sick OE pullet this morning. :( Not sure what is going on with her yet, but I made her an isolation crate in case she’s contagious and because the others were picking on her. She’s lethargic (normally I can’t get near her, but I waked right up to her and picked her up) and fluffed up. Her comb is flopped over and pale, and she’s keeping her eyes closed. Her abdomen and crop feel normal, and her vent is clean/normal. She’s last laid two days ago (she’s only been laying 2-3 eggs per week, so that’s not unusual either). Haven’t seen her feces yet, but she’s not eating or drinking. No discharge from eyes or nose, but her breathing might be a little raspy. She was fine yesterday. Poor thing.
View attachment 1241478
Can you hold her chest to your ear and listen for crackly lung sounds?

HI I'm in central Alabama. I have a few mixed breed yard chickens, a hen and a tom bronze turkey and two dogs. I'm looking for someone close that has dominiques. We just tested out my sons small incubator with our chickens eggs and got 4 out of 6. :jumpy The two that didn't hatch looked like they where not fertile.

HI I'm in central Alabama. I have a few mixed breed yard chickens, a hen and a tom bronze turkey and two dogs. I'm looking for someone close that has dominiques. We just tested out my sons small incubator with our chickens eggs and got 4 out of 6. :jumpy The two that didn't hatch looked like they where not fertile.
:welcome have you considered ordering dominiques from a hatchery? If not, I don't know anyone that has/sells them. But hopefully someone else does.i also tested out my incubator and got 6/6 chicks:jumpy.

:welcome have you considered ordering dominiques from a hatchery? If not, I don't know anyone that has/sells them. But hopefully someone else does.i also tested out my incubator and got 6/6 chicks:jumpy.
Yes I just thought I'd check to see if there were any locals and try to avoid shipping cost. Congrats on the chicks they are a lot of fun

Yes I just thought I'd check to see if there were any locals and try to avoid shipping cost. Congrats on the chicks they are a lot of fun
They truly are fun! I think Hoovers Hatchery has free shipping right now. I haven't ordered from there but I am planing to this spring.

Back
Top Bottom