ALABAMA!!

Hello everyone, Nice to see so many people in Alabama that raise chickens. I live on the river in the Adger/Oak Grove Area, which is west of Birmingham. I'm closer to Hueytown, Bessemer, and Jasper. Is there anyone on here that's close to me?

We have 8 White Leghorn Pullets, 9 Buff Orphinton Pullets, 6 Barred Rocks (1 pullet & 5 Roo's), 1 RIR Pullet, and 3 silkies (all Males I suspect). We're just getting started and probably won't be hatching any eggs till next summer.

We live close to West Jefferson, that is not too far away from you. Right now I only have OEG bantams and Barred rock bantams. I am trying to decide which of the big chickens I want to get. My DH says that I have to sell some before I get more. LOL

Hi All,

I am looking for another female and a male for my lone muscovy hen. Her mate died several months ago. I think a hawk got after him. ... just not sure. Anyway, if you have any muscovies that you would like to sell/give away, I would love to purchase them. Also I am looking for a couple of bantams (hens) for my small chicken coop. My silkies lived for many years in there.

Thanks!

Michele in Huntsville

Hello! We live in Huntsville as well and we are soon to be moving from our apartment into a house (yay!) My plans are to eventually get about 3 hens for the backyard to help with the bugs and such from the garden I should be planting this summer. I'm not quite sure yet exactly how large the back yard is...DH says it's "huge" haha! I have been recovering from surgery for the last 3 + months and haven't seen the back yard yet, other than the 6 foot high privacy fence that surrounds it. DH owned the house 5 yrs ago while engaged to another lady. She wound up with the house after the split and now can no longer make the payments. DH and I have been married just short of a year and we are essentially getting the house back before it's foreclosed upon. Probably TMI?
woot.gif

Anyway...I've been trying to find out what the rules are about chickens in the city limits. I read that the henhouse has to be at least 150' away from the neighbors? That's all I could find on it. Any further direction would be helpful if anyone can point me there! Any help is much appreciated!

Susan

Back
Top Bottom