ALABAMA!!

Walker county here - trying to set up what we can do rather than pine about what we can't. Have RIR Dominique, Ancona, Seabright, Australorp, Americauna, a few Cochin and mixed layers & Muscovy ducks. Problematic as have 4 males and just 2 females so need to sell/trade to make it more even or something. :-/

Looking for some others too - and working on starting to hatch eggs this year now that flock is growing (quite a few young birds - Feb 11. Also have some Buckeyes coming next week.

i'm in South Alabama. We purchased 5 straight runs and 5 pullets recently, they are now in their new home but it's not quite finished. Anyway, i have no ideas what the chickens are yet. As soon as I can post pictures maybe someone can tell me what they are. But they have been a lot of fun so far! I also got two guineas keets which are now about 6-7 weeks old.

SED, Where are you in North Central Alabama? I have Bourbon Red Turkeys also and would like to add a couple of new ones in to my line sometime so they all don't end up being related to each other. I have 1 Tom and 3 hens and just hatched out 3 little ones a couple weeks ago.

Jayare

Quote:
keep making posts and get those pictures up the BYC is great at helping identify chicks, where in s.alabama are you my mom lives in clayton, we love it down there!

If anyone would like some guinea eggs to hatch I have more than I need if you live close to cullman AL you can PM me I will meet you some where or you can pick them up [all free] DK

Jayare's Chicks :

SED, Where are you in North Central Alabama? I have Bourbon Red Turkeys also and would like to add a couple of new ones in to my line sometime so they all don't end up being related to each other. I have 1 Tom and 3 hens and just hatched out 3 little ones a couple weeks ago.

Jayare

I am in Walker County (close to Jasper) and I sold my breeders a few weeks ago but I still have three poults and about 8 eggs in the incubator. What type of chickens do you have?​

Just signed up and was directed to the Alabama thread. Yay! I'm in Daleville, right outside of Ft. Rucker. I have Rhode Islands, Easters, Buff Cochin and am currently crossing RI with the Easters. Beautiful birds! I also have dogs, cats and horses. Hope you are having a wonderful day!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom