ALABAMA!!

Quote:
lol.png

Hi everyone. We are in Daleville AL. Just about finished our first coop, using ideas obtained from all your posts. Thank you! We picked up our first 6 chickens yesterday. Woohoo! So excited.

Howdy all you Alabama folks... Roll Tide!!!!!!!!!!!
smile.png
Just had to do it!!! I'm a new "chicken owner" as a matter of fact I just got my first eggs this week after a LONG 5 month wait... Louise has given me a beautiful little egg 3 out of 4 days this week. I'm sooooo proud of her! I've got 5 chicks; Thelma (who turned out to be a rooster- Dominecque), Louise (Maran), Laverne (E.E.), Shirley ( Seabrite) & Blanche (a beautiful little white Silkie) That's my gang, I'm enjoying them soooo much. I have a small coop with a run and live in town... Oh yeah--- we live in Frisco City, Alabama, a small rural town (about 30 min from Atmore) Glad to be here... Stay in touch!!! :)

Welcome Bama Chick and Lacey! We're up in North Alabama and loving our chicks too. I just got my first egg from a WL on Wednesday:) Tiny, white and perfect and then another one yesterday. So exciting!!!!!
This is a great site to learn what you need to raise healthy happy chicks!

** Bantam/Large Fowl Show **

Friday/Saturday, Oct 14th and 15th 2011
(Limit of 25 Large Fowl)

Time: Friday, October 14 at 2:00pm - October 15 at 2:00pm
600 Airport Road
Clanton, AL

Contact person:
Claudia Comer Gore (allaboutdemchicks)

ENTRIES CLOSE on Wednesday, Oct 12, 9 p.m. (Central Time)
Entries may be mailed, called in, faxed, or emailed to:
Claudia Gore
3286 County Rd 48
Jemison AL 35085
Home (205) 646-0604; Cell (205) 351-1393
Fax (205) 688-4006
Or contact via email at: [email protected]

AWARDS FOR ADULT SHOW:
Bantam Show Champion - $50
Bantam Show Reserve Champion - $25
Champion Display - $25
Res Champion Display - $10
ABA Class Champions - $10
ABA Res Class Champion - $5
Large Fowl Show Champion - $10
For bantam class and bantam reserve class Champion to receive payment
there must be 25 birds exhibited for Champion and 35 for Reserve Champion.

Judges: Friday night: Marty McGuire and Tim Clanton
Sat. Tom Carey, Ronnie Ledford, Larry Denny, and Glenn See

Days Inn, I-65 at Exit 205, Clanton, AL (205) 755-2420
Special Rate- $49.95 + tax
You must tell them you are with the ABC Poultry Show

DIRECTIONS:
From I-65 North – (Exit 212) turn right on Lay Dam Rd West (Hwy 145), go 2 miles to pass the Clanton Medical Complex (Hospital) and turn left onto Airport Rd. Pass the National Guard Armory, the Fairgrounds will be on the left.

From I-65 South – (Exit 208) Turn right, go ½ mile and turn right onto Dunlap Drive. At the stop sign turn left. Fairgrounds will be on the right, past the airport.

The show barn will open at 2 p.m. on Friday afternoon and close at 9 p.m. On Saturday morning, the barn will open at 6 a.m. Judging will begin at 9 a.m.

Requested Meets: ABA, OEGBA, Silkie, Plymouth Rock and Modern Game.

A swap area will be set up for poultry and poultry related articles. Sale cages will be available for $2.50 per hole. Please reserve on your entry form. It will be $5.00 to set up your own area. Bring your own tables if needed.

JR. SHOW:
Bantam Champion - $25
Bantam Res Champion - $10
Ribbons for 1st – 3rd
This show is for the young folks. JUNIORS are 18 and under, and they must coop and groom their own birds. Violators will be disqualified.
(No Exceptions)

ABC Merchandise Available
Raffle for poultry related items
50/50 raffle
Food and drinks will be available at the Concession Stand

FREE PARKING AND ADMISSION

Thanks,
Claudia

Last edited:
Quote:
Well we're home and I missed you again.

We had a good time as usual though. We made a trip to Fair Hope which was nice. Stuck my feet in the ocean for the first time. At least on this side of the Atlantic. We ate at the place on the pier and the food was good. I'd recommend it. We also ate at Panni Petes in the French Quarter for breakfast and that was good too. Bought Jams and Jellies at the Punta Cleara shop and they do have nice chocolate. She was very nice, as is nearly everyone in AL.

We stayed at Oak Hollow Farm and that was rustic but nice. No in room bathrooms, which was ok as everything was clean. We did mention to them that the hot water was non existent and I'm sure they will see to that. The rooms sleep 5 people easily. We paid $65 a night which was good for us since we needed two rooms. I love my grandchildren but no way was I sleeping in a room with those little dickens. The kids went for horse rides and the trees were just huge. We have nothing like those here. I'd recommend staying there.

We were rather disappointed everything closed at 5 and would have spent more money so that may be a good thing. Also we found everything closed on Sunday or nearly everything. We would have liked to eat at Panni Petes again. But such is life.

Claudia drop me a pm. I have a splash roo who is lonely.

Oh and I did spend alot of Auburn and UA stuff to bring back. Still haven't picked a team. Though my old alma mater had blue and orange colors.
lol.png
You have a great State.

Take care,

Rancher

Back
Top Bottom