ALABAMA!!

Oh I wish I was closer so I could hit that auction. I have been looking for some chickens, at or almost at laying age and have been having a heck of a time locating some that aren't 2 hours away. I am about 30 minutes south of Huntsville and would love to find some heritage large fowl. I really don't want to get chicks and have to wait. I did find some 1.5 year old white leghorns. I got 2 so I could get some eggs.
I really want something dual purpose, that is broody and matures somewhat quickly (not cornish cross fast but quicker than jersey giants) there are lots of chicks available around me but very few hens.
The guy I bought the leghorns from suggested the flea market in Falkville. I think that is Lacon Trade Day flea market. Has anyone been there?
I am a bit far, but I am looking to drop two of my 16-week-old Golden Comets. They haven't quite started laying yet, but it shouldn't be much longer. They are just mutts, but they are pretty girls. I don't want to just sell them at an auction because they are honestly pets and it creeps me out to think where they might end up.

Have you been to that waterfowl farm I mentioned earler that's in Huntsville? When I last talked to them, they had some Welsummer hens. I think it was M H Waterfowl Farm.

Oh My...Computer crashed, been having BYC withdrawal
wee.gif
SOOOOOOO happy to be back with you guys! HA!

Glad you're back, bama gal. Computer crashes are so unpleasant. That reminds me....I really need to back mine up.

I am a bit far, but I am looking to drop two of my 16-week-old Golden Comets. They haven't quite started laying yet, but it shouldn't be much longer. They are just mutts, but they are pretty girls. I don't want to just sell them at an auction because they are honestly pets and it creeps me out to think where they might end up.
Where are you located? I'm looking to get some more Hubbards (Gold & Brown, or "Golden Comets" & ISA's) I have 4 ISA's/Hubbard Brown but also have 3 NHR cockerels.

Anyone else live near Huntsville?
Hi mos68x, I am south of Huntsville about 35 minutes from downtown. I would actually love to take one of your NH red roos but I need to find some flippin hens first.
he.gif
I am new to the area and am trying to locate some young hens that are of a breed that will go broody and lays decently that I can use for meat. I would love to find some NH red hens/started pullets for a decent price. Someone recommeneded the Lacon Trade Day (in Falkville) to me and I will be going this Saturday.
fl.gif
that I find something.

Back
Top Bottom