Alagaesia - a human, dwarf, urgal, elf, dragon, wherecat, and others RP - re-start!

Cruor groaned, the energy stolen from the queen was keeping him alive but for how much longer? the queen screamed, and Cruor noticed woozily that he was still clutching her hand. she dangled below him.
Alexa, Windstorm, Rhyan, Quarrax, Gwen + Maria, Blizz, Midnight, Isabella, and Feiro filed inside for the Masked Ball.
gwen's dress
maria's dress
isabella's dress (designed to fit a dwarf, of course.)
blizz's dress
(I thought I stopped him? DO you want me to?)

Let's see. Phoenix is Windstorm's mate, Selena and her dragon whose name I forgot again are to young to have mates, Fierlin hasn't been introduced yet, Demeter, Angravel, Fencing, and Storm have yet to meet, and Mi, Miaya, Bjart'istalri, Shadow?wing?, Ironscale, are just friends right now, and no one would fall in love with Carlos as he is a complete jerk. Oh, and Rehash is becoming friends with one of Cayuga's charries.

Rehash? remind me who that is again pls? :p
Rehash=Renkah. I was using my phone and didn't notice that her name was changed.

(
hide.gif
)
She flew back into the castle, trying to pry them away.
(for the sake of others please identify who "she" is, just to reduce confusion)

Dirk, Megan, and Marcus suddenly appeared at the doorway to the expansive throne room, where Cruor was strugling with the Queen and Shira. "What's all the racket in here? Is everything..." Dirk began to say. Then he looked up and saw Cruor, Shira and the Queen about thirty feet off the ground and decided against finishing that thought. "Your Highness!" all three of the teens yelled, almost in perfect sync. They immediately called for their dragons then, not wasting any time, drew their weapons.
Dirk reached down and grabbed ahold of the leather grip on the hilt of his trusty sword, quickly and smoothly slidding the blade out of its scabbard and then grabbing it with his other hand in a pre-attack combat stance. Unlike most high-quality swords, which had blades that were a reflective silvery color because they were made of steel or iron, Dirk's sword had a blade as pure black as the scales on his faithful dragon, Jason. You might say that it seemed out-of-this-world, but surprisingly you would be right; Dirk and his friends an many other people they have met believe that this young adolesant is the only intelligent being to have ever wielded a sword made of meteorite in battle. Early on in his and his "gang's" travels, they stumbled upon a recent meteorite impact in the mountains on the North edge of the Rainy Basin; so recent was the impact that the extra-terrestrial object was still hot to the touch when they first found it. The impact crater was just shy of twenty feet wide and around three feet deep. There were a large number of gravel to grapefruit-sized fragments scattered around and a few watermelon-sized chunks neaby as well, but it was the main rock that really caught the group's attention. The largest piece of the stone was a roughly potato-shaped chunk measuring about five feet long by three wide and two high. It was obsidion-black on its entire surface from the heat of entering the atmosphere at Hypersonic speeds and, as they later found out, black on the inside as well. A few days later, the six of them had moved the stone a nearby town and had taken it to be examined. The best annalysis the local geologists could come up with was that it was made of a strange metal that was the result of iron, alluminum, and titanium fusing on a molecular level from extreme heat and pressure. The result was a strange, midnight-black, hybrid alloy that was hard and strong, yet relatively light and flexible enough to not crack and fail under pressure. Dirk asked the town scientists if it would be possible to make tools or weapons out of their find. A wide grin spread across his face when he heard one of them say "I don't see why not." They immediately set out for the local blacksmith's shop and got to work, helping the blacksmith in any way they could. It took week and half, but finally, Dirk had a sword custom-made for him and made out of a one-of-a-kind material. The group made a deal with the blacksmith that, in exchange for the sword, the blacksmith could keep the remainder of the lump of metal that the sword had been made from, to which he happily agreed. The first time Dirk tested his new blade in combat, it sliced through a two-foot wide pine tree trunk like butter and the boy had used the sword almost exclusively ever since.
Megan reached her hands up over her shoulders and, in one smooth motion, brought a bow up to bear and knocked an arrow at the same time. The bow was homemade, a tool Megan had crafted with her own hands out of a recently-felled Osage Orange tree in her backyard. The arrows she used were her own creations too, and she could make them easily and quickly wherever she was. She was an expert marksman and had great eyesight, which meant, at times, she could bullseye targets far enough away that lesser archers couldn't even see them, let alone hit them.
Marcus reached over his shoulder and pulled out a double-faced battle-axe, both edges with numerous nicks and cuts taken out of the blades which showed age and wear but also experience. Marcus, being an athletic boy, could easily throw the axe at a target fifty yards away and hit within a foot of the point he threw it at. This he had done several times and, once, had even thrown the axe at a wild, hostile dragon flying about eighty yards from him in the air and the axe had sliced the dragon's head completely off.
All three teens now in a combat stance, weapons drawn and ready, and their dragons already on their way towards the area as well, Megan aimed her bow at Cruor, arrow knocked and string drawn back tight, and yelled in a very commanding voice "SHADE! Unless you would fancy getting nailed to the wall through your forehead by one of my arrows, I would suggest that you gently place Her Royal Highness back on the ground and stand down! You have five seconds to comply before I shoot anyway!" Megan's bow was aimed right were she knew it would need to be to put an arrow through the Shade's head, her fingers just a hair's breadth from releasing the string.

(I felt the urge to put in a little backstory in here, just for fun's sake and to keep this thread going)

Back
Top Bottom