Alaska/Canada 101

I wear a tuque during the winter
tongue.png

Bluemoon

Dont know if this is what your looking for but its true....

We measure distance in hours instead of miles

The trunk of your car, truck bed, porch and barn doubles as a deep freeze

When you drive for a mile on square tires on a -65 morning before they eventually become normal

You design your kiddos Halloween costumes to fit over a snowsuit

You've taken your kids trick-or-treating in a blizzard

You frequently clean grease off your barbecue so the bears won't prowl on your deck

You know that the term "Break Up" has more to do with the weather than personal relationships

You have ever taken a trip "outside" and tried to cash a traveler's check, drawn on an Alaskan bank, and the cashier asked you the current exchange rate in Alaska

You have ever washed your car while there was still snow on the ground

You travel for two days and thousands of miles to get outside but none of your family members will travel more than ten minutes to see you while there

You have called an 800 number you found in a catalog and then were told "Alaska? Oh, we don't ship out of the United States."

You have learned to never say to your kids, "Be home by dark."

You get asked why Alaska is so cold and Hawaii is so hot... you know they are next to each other on the map

When you're outside at -40 below , feeding critters in your shorts , well you know it's a hassle putting on all those cloths for just 10 minutes

I had to plan our wedding between hunting, fishing and trapping season
big_smile.png

All are true and all I have done or had done to me.

And the best by far was done to my hubby when was driving up to AK for the first time. He had a SC high school teacher tell him he can not drive here because it is an island.......

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom