Alaska Chicken Lover's Soup for the Cold!!

WestfarthingHomestead

Chirping
8 Years
Jul 10, 2011
Alaska
Need Chickie-Poos! We're still in Palmer, but our landlady said we could keep up to three chickens. We want Silkies, or other bantums. Or Americanas/Auracanas or Marans. But, we really wants Silkies the most. These will be pets, as we just don't have the room yet for serious chicken farming. Does anyone know where we can find some chickies?

wingsofglory

Songster
8 Years
Feb 15, 2011
Palmer Alaska
Hi,

I have Buff Chanteclers, Gold Brabanters, Cream Brabanters, Blue-black Ameraucanas, and one Black Copper Marans pullet. I'm between Palmer and Wasilla.

Wolfwoman

Songster
9 Years
May 5, 2010
Chickaloon, Alaska
Swap Meet this Saturday at Animal Food Warehouse on the Palmer Wasilla highway. More than a few people will have chicks there. Runs about 10-4.

WestfarthingHomestead

Chirping
8 Years
Jul 10, 2011
Alaska
Getting Chickie-Poos today!
They're exactly what I wanted. Well, they're two of the chickens that I exactly wanted. We still live in city limits, so it turned out we were limited by law how many we could have. Can't wait to move and get more.
anyway, they're two beautiful Americana pullets we named after two other great American female flyers, Amelia Earhart and Bessie Coleman. Yeah, we're homeschooled history buffs around here.

WestfarthingHomestead

Chirping
8 Years
Jul 10, 2011
Alaska
P.S. I'd like to buy some bales of low-quality hay or straw or whatever to use as insulation and bedding come winter. Anyone know where we can get that cheap and not moldy?

chickensinwasillaAK

Songster
8 Years
Feb 2, 2011
Wasilla Alaska
I'm trying to work out arrangements with a Delta Junction grower for nice dry straw, if it works out I'm getting a trailer load. I'll post back here if it happens, I don't like the 12 to 15 a bale I'm paying around the valley.

Top Bottom