Alaska Chicken Lover's Soup for the Cold!!

It has been nice in the valley.
yeah.. I am on the coast, I rarely get warm.... but the last week has been not only cool but also all kinds of overcast and drizzly.

You can actually grow warm weather plants outside, over in the valley!
lau.gif

Where does everyone here go to purchase their chickens in Alaska? I am looking for some started pullets for this spring/early summer but it looks like everything around the anchorage area is chicks only. I am unable to keep a roo so getting chicks is out of the question for me.

The Facebook pages (Alaska Flock Talk) are good places to find chickens for sale.

Your can buy sexed pullets from the feed stores. But these would be chicks.

For started pullets you will have to wait until summer to fall and buy from locals.

I am right now starting to hatch chicks and by summer any straight run chicks that do not get sold will be sold at a higher price, and be sexed.

The Facebook pages (Alaska Flock Talk) are good places to find chickens for sale.

Your can buy sexed pullets from the feed stores. But these would be chicks.

For started pullets you will have to wait until summer to fall and buy from locals.

I am right now starting to hatch chicks and by summer any straight run chicks that do not get sold will be sold at a higher price, and be sexed.
Thanks for the response! I will be looking for 3 ladies come summer time so keep me in mind if you have some left!

Back
Top Bottom