alaska chickens

alaska chickens

Hatching
7 Years
Jan 18, 2013
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
This is my 3rd year with chickens. My first set of chickens were bantums, red rocks, cornish. which i butchered/ and sold off, due to health issues, when the weather turned cold.. now i have

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
we have 2 roos, and 27 hens

(3) What breeds do you have?

barred rock, Araucana, and one more type that i can't remember. lol they are doing fine.
(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
i was online searching information about coops, feeders, and heaters.
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I also raise sheep, my first year. Then i do yarn arts. and i quilt, and sew.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I am married for 11 years on the 26th of jan. Then we have a 5 month puppy boxer. she keeps up moving for sure. not like we needed the help though. lol need to go. hope yal have a good day and gather lots of eggs. btw i gather anywhere between 6-18 eggs a day. wow what a range right. Well we live in Alaska and some times the weather drops alot. and it gets to -10 in the coop. they have 2 red lights, but sometimes it is not enough too keep the egg count up. Which i do sell my eggs. fun. now i feel like laura. I have egg money. hehehe better called mocha money. :D

Greetings from Kansas, alaska chickens, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Great to have you with us! There are a few other Alaskans on BYC - you can find them in the link below. Best of luck to you and happy anniversary next week!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/84141/north-to-alaska

Back
Top Bottom