Albino Japanese quail chick

Yes still with the younger one, both getting along very well. They are within the brooder inside a clear tank. So the younger one can see the others, but very happy with binos company.
Bino can't see the others, or his tank mate. But knows he/she isn't alone, so very much more settled and clearly more relaxed and happy. Bino also can't hear the others nor anything. Literally in his/her own little world.
Knows exactly where the food and water is now, so knows where to go. Still a little hit or miss when pecking for the food and water, but gets there after a couple of attempts.
Very strong little chick considering. Lively and VERY fast too.
Everyday I'm going to be honest, is a relief when I get up seeing him/her eating, drinking strolling around. Cuddling up to his/her friend, I think another day! I know that with chicks it's no promise they'll be here tomorrow just because they look strong, healthy and vibrant. But everyday is a plus.

Will updat pictures every week to ten days, providing Bino is still with us. I can't see why not as he's eating drinking and looking just like any lively chick.
As he's around a week old, noticed wing feathers appearing. Looking very White as they are coming through.
As I have bleached, I wasn't sure if Bino was going to end up an off White cream colour!
But face and wings coming through White. Can't wait to see what colour the beak will be! The brown, grey or if it will stay pink.
Also wondered if the eyes will get a deeper red! I don't like it when chicks go through the juvenile stage, they seem all legs, scruffy and just quite ugly to me.
But with Bino I am looking forward to watching him change.
Went to a poultry centre where we get our micro pellets from. Got talking to a lad there and mentioned Bino, he said that they had three, yes THREE albino Japanese quail chicks in last week!!! Apparently all sold SUPER fast.
Upon questioning the lad ( who up until weeks ago had never seen a jap quail. Can't sex or knows anything about them ) I'm pretty certain they were Texas AM..... This is a lad who, while I was there a couple of weeks ag told a family, that the quail not only live Harmoniously with medium sized chickens, but could also safely free range!!!
I'm sorry, but I did jump in and set the family straight. I explained how MANY years ago when we first bought our pair of normal japs, we were told the same thing. However ours were kept in a pen. We had two warrens and one rhode island red. Stupidy ( un educated ) we yes made the terrible mistake of popping these two quail in the pen!! Shame on us I know, I put my hands up. To have Henrietta the dominant RIR swing the cockbird round by his neck feathers, instantly we jumped in and removed them, luckily no one was hurt, all including ourselves shook up.
Now educated, we know it's not safe, for injury, bullying and infections. I always educate anyone when dealing with quail. I did mention it to the manager at the centre regarding the lads advice, as we know the manager.
THREE albino quail.... My husband was laughing, especially when the lad explained in detail they were almost all White. :D funny.

This is amazing! I've never heard or thought of an albino quail before. I can't wait to see more pictures of little Bino developing!
big_smile.png

I wonder what gender he/she will be. I sometimes wish quail chicks weren't so curious all the time, they'll peck at anything new!
lol.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom