Albino quail egg?

Albinoegg

Hatching
Dec 7, 2020
Hello there. This is Genti from Albania. In my back yard i have started to grow quails just for fun or curiosity. From a mixture of 7 quails coturnix and jumbo if i m not wrong ( the dark ones and the little yellow ones) anyway i bought them from a large farm just to make them grow in my yard but now after 6 months the number is increasing to 80 quails all descendants of these dark cute brown old world quails and 1 yellow male . I keep most of then in cages and they are nice producing me a lot of eggs. One day I introduced the young quails directly to the old ones and there started to be a mess in that cage which keep going on even today ( the fight and other killing things). I had to travel and didn’t had time to introduce them properly as I usually do. So the very next day i got a white egg. Totally white and i just wanted to make this egg hatch so togather with 30 other eggs fron this cage i put them in incubator. After 14 days all of them but one hatched successfully 3 days early as usualy because i also had a ventilator problem inside my incubator. The fan stops working mostly causing hight temp alarm, anyway i didn’t quite give a heck about the rest since i saw my white color egg to give life to a cute white baby quail. After just 4 days after the hatching when i came back from work i saw half of my baby quails were out of the box and dead bcs the 100w cheap quality lamp was burned in just 4 days and poor birdies were looking for heat source while outside temp was 10 degrees celsius . The rest of them has created a mountail of bodies trying to warm each other. And gues what.. in the bottom of the mess i found my lovely white baby quail still alive... i was praying for her to be alive. Felt so bad and under such pressure since i had no spare lamp so i put the bodies of all quails including the dead ones inside the box and run inside my hause , turned the heater to its full and called my wife screaming in the phone like a lunatic about why the heck we dont have a spare lamp at home. After a while after the birds felt the heat they start moving their arms and legs, 6 of them looked so dead when i put them in the box but after some hours in the house and after i replaced the damn lamp everything turned normaly. They start drinking and eating... 11 of them passed way 🥺 but that didnt look so bad to me since that little white thing was still alive.... today is almost 1 week and half and the white baby quail is looking even more white, totaly white feathers , i never leave them alone all the time... i always put my hand inside the box and play with them and seems that white quail do not get too much scared from me like the rest do... is it probably an Albino or a genetic disorder? The white egg came the day my quails were so stressed from the new intrusion... i just love that white birdie so much. I hope is not albino but i didnt had any white bob quail this year. The first 6 birds i got in march were brown coturnix as I mentioned before and one yellow male, also 3 tibetian male. And female... if its albino how should i tell? Will they live normaly and hatch eggs? It will be matting with females if its male and will the gene trasmited? Thanks in advance. These are some photos of my 8-9 days old baby quails. P.s sorry about my english

Attachments

• 8BC15EEE-CFC2-4A75-922E-C9C46C2C0746.jpeg
    8BC15EEE-CFC2-4A75-922E-C9C46C2C0746.jpeg
    408.7 KB · Views: 67
  • 688A7EB9-0BB4-4A75-B376-ABD82E7FED51.jpeg
    688A7EB9-0BB4-4A75-B376-ABD82E7FED51.jpeg
    668.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 2988C20F-048D-4B4C-9A14-2352FF6C06AF.jpeg
    2988C20F-048D-4B4C-9A14-2352FF6C06AF.jpeg
    661.2 KB · Views: 28
  • AA25030F-9C31-4E41-92BE-93100FFFE3A6.jpeg
    AA25030F-9C31-4E41-92BE-93100FFFE3A6.jpeg
    555.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 259E26D7-C92E-4F48-90E3-FBEFAF9087C5.jpeg
    259E26D7-C92E-4F48-90E3-FBEFAF9087C5.jpeg
    313.9 KB · Views: 28
  • C134AED5-F5A6-4D42-AEF2-279AD4EDF0FD.jpeg
    C134AED5-F5A6-4D42-AEF2-279AD4EDF0FD.jpeg
    225.4 KB · Views: 27
That one isn't an albino, thank goodness. The black spot on its head is characteristic of a colour we call Texas A&M here.

White eggs do happen occasionally, and they're normal. They don't indicate the colour of the chick inside.

If you ever do get an albino, you should be aware that they often have health problems, especially with their eyes, and usually don't survive.

The white one is not blind i just checked now after i read that it might be blind since is not reacting like others. I checked his eyes and they look black like the rest of them and when i come suddenly he runs way into the tunnel i created for them to go to the other box aside without heater but were water is located. Drinks looks for food playing with the others also has found the hole to escape 2 damn times...

Hello there. This is Genti from Albania. In my back yard i have started to grow quails just for fun or curiosity. From a mixture of 7 quails coturnix and jumbo if i m not wrong ( the dark ones and the little yellow ones) anyway i bought them from a large farm just to make them grow in my yard but now after 6 months the number is increasing to 80 quails all descendants of these dark cute brown old world quails and 1 yellow male . I keep most of then in cages and they are nice producing me a lot of eggs. One day I introduced the young quails directly to the old ones and there started to be a mess in that cage which keep going on even today ( the fight and other killing things). I had to travel and didn’t had time to introduce them properly as I usually do. So the very next day i got a white egg. Totally white and i just wanted to make this egg hatch so togather with 30 other eggs fron this cage i put them in incubator. After 14 days all of them but one hatched successfully 3 days early as usualy because i also had a ventilator problem inside my incubator. The fan stops working mostly causing hight temp alarm, anyway i didn’t quite give a heck about the rest since i saw my white color egg to give life to a cute white baby quail. After just 4 days after the hatching when i came back from work i saw half of my baby quails were out of the box and dead bcs the 100w cheap quality lamp was burned in just 4 days and poor birdies were looking for heat source while outside temp was 10 degrees celsius . The rest of them has created a mountail of bodies trying to warm each other. And gues what.. in the bottom of the mess i found my lovely white baby quail still alive... i was praying for her to be alive. Felt so bad and under such pressure since i had no spare lamp so i put the bodies of all quails including the dead ones inside the box and run inside my hause , turned the heater to its full and called my wife screaming in the phone like a lunatic about why the heck we dont have a spare lamp at home. After a while after the birds felt the heat they start moving their arms and legs, 6 of them looked so dead when i put them in the box but after some hours in the house and after i replaced the damn lamp everything turned normaly. They start drinking and eating... 11 of them passed way 🥺 but that didnt look so bad to me since that little white thing was still alive.... today is almost 1 week and half and the white baby quail is looking even more white, totaly white feathers , i never leave them alone all the time... i always put my hand inside the box and play with them and seems that white quail do not get too much scared from me like the rest do... is it probably an Albino or a genetic disorder? The white egg came the day my quails were so stressed from the new intrusion... i just love that white birdie so much. I hope is not albino but i didnt had any white bob quail this year. The first 6 birds i got in march were brown coturnix as I mentioned before and one yellow male, also 3 tibetian male. And female... if its albino how should i tell? Will they live normaly and hatch eggs? It will be matting with females if its male and will the gene trasmited? Thanks in advance. These are some photos of my 8-9 days old baby quails. P.s sorry about my english
1606528678036.jpg

That one isn't an albino, thank goodness. The black spot on its head is characteristic of a colour we call Texas A&M here.

White eggs do happen occasionally, and they're normal. They don't indicate the colour of the chick inside.

If you ever do get an albino, you should be aware that they often have health problems, especially with their eyes, and usually don't survive.
Is that a genetic disorder due to the mixing of 3 different races? I never ever knew that i could had a white quail unless i bought a bob white but in albania they do not egg-sist 😅 only the brown coturnix wich make egg just when they are 7 week old and the little yellow japonix cotournic

Is that a genetic disorder due to the mixing of 3 different races? I never ever knew that i could had a white quail unless i bought a bob white but in albania they do not egg-sist 😅 only the brown coturnix wich make egg just when they are 7 week old and the little yellow japonix cotournic
As nabiki said, it's a Texas A&M . The Bobwhite isn't actually white ( I thought that too). Then again I am not an expert. You could find Texas quails in Greece. I know because they gave me one recently. And you are right! He is so friendly. They are white with a brown spot on the head like yours. I think the last one is a Bobwhite

Attachments

• IMG_20201104_123201.jpg
    IMG_20201104_123201.jpg
    334.3 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20201105_140323.jpg
    IMG_20201105_140323.jpg
    447 KB · Views: 15
  • Northern-bob-white-quail-tn1.jpg
    Northern-bob-white-quail-tn1.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 17

Back
Top Bottom