"Albright's Mill" Scratch. Pennsylvania.

SterlingAcres

Songster
11 Years
Apr 17, 2008
Poconos, PA
Has anyone heard of this brand? It's out of Kempton, PA. I ran down to the feed store this morning and they had 2 brands to offer. Purina (which I heard here was mostly corn) and Albright's Mill. I bought the latter.
It seems to be a nice mix, but I'd say probably 40% corn (so it can't be THAT much better than Purina, right?). If that's all the place has, I guess I'll probably buy it again. The chooks seem to love it.

Here's the information, in case anyone wants it.

Guaranteed Analysis

Crude Protein, Min....9%
Crude Fat, Min..........3%
Crude Fibre, Max......4%

Ingredients
Corn, Wheat, Oats, Barley.

Manufactured By
Albright's Mill
Ronald R., Dale B., & Gary A. Wessner
Kempton, Pennsylvania.

Looks good for scratch grains,some mills only put corn and oats in their scratch.I like the stuff with wheat and barley too,then I throw some black oil sunflower seeds in to boot.
Your calcium and nutrients really should come from their main feed.
They are eating more than just scratch grains right?Can I ask what a 50lb bag runs? I spend like $11.00 for 50lbs. before I add the BOSS.A bag goes a long way. Will

I just bought a 50 lb bag of purina scratch yesterday and it cost me $13.99.
Its called Purina Scrath Grains or something like that.
It does have alot of corn in it. But it also has a variety of grains so I guess its all good.
I just use it as a treat anyway, throw some on the ground when they are getting on each others nerves and I want to distract them.
I bought a 50lb bag of cracked corn to add to their hot mash on those cold winter mornings but if I had realized how much corn was in the scratch I probably could have used that instead.
It will all get used anyway.

This is for the Purina Scratch Grains.
Guaranteed Analysis
Protein, not less than 8.0%
Fat, not less than 1.5%
Fiber, not more than 4.5%

I also bought one of these big blocks. Its a 25 lb block of grains, seeds etc. It was kind of an impulse buy.
I like to stock up for the winter and I bought 225 lbs of feed yesterday and I thought this would be good to save and use in a pinch.
Here is what they say about it.You can go on their website and find out about all their products.

Flock Block SunFresh
00ae.png
Recipe
HOME>OUR PRODUCTS>PRODUCTS>FLOCK BLOCK SUNFRESH
00ae.png
RECIPE

What it is...

Whole Grain Enrichment Supplement

For free-ranging poultry and game birds
Encourages natural pecking instincts to help reduce cannibalism
Contains oyster shell and grit
Available in a 25# block
Guaranteed Analysis
Protein, not less than 8.0%
Lysine, not less than 0.30%
Methionine, not less than 0.25%
Crude Fat, not less than 2.5%
Crude Fiber, not more than 4.0%
Calcium (Ca), not less than 2.3%
Calcium (Ca), not more than 2.7%
Phosphorus (P), not less than 0.65%
Salt (Nacl), not less than 0.70%
Salt (Nacl), not more than 1.2%
Sodium (Na), not less than .35%

Ingredients:
Cracked Corn, Whole Wheat, Whole Milo, Whole Barley, Whole Sunflower Seed, Molasses, Oyster Shell, Calcium Lignin Sulfonate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Granite Grit, Salt, Propionic Acit (A Preservative), Choline Chloride, DL-Methionine, L-Lysine, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine, Biotin, Vitamin A Acetate, Nicotinic Acid, Riboflavin, DL-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate, Cholecalciferol, Menadione Dimethylpyrimidinol Bisulfite (source of Vitamin K), Folic Acid, Cyanocobalamin, Manganous Oxide, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite.

I got it at Hanson Grain, cost $12.99. I think its a great idea.
Ann, they are down back against the wall where they keep the feeders/waterers. They have a stack of them on the floor. About a dozen left.
I know a bag of scratch is cheaper but this has more ingredients and nutrients.
If you go to the Purina Website they have a store locator you can use to find a place near you that stocks Purina products.
The people at the grain store also told me that if they are out of anything they will order it for you, so if your store doesn't list it ask them to get it in.

Last edited:
I've gotta go there today, so I'll pick one or two up. I want them for the winter, when they're bored and won't go out in the evil snow!
tongue.png

Oh yea, and the next time you're wandering around through Hanson give me a call, I'm home a lot lately - clients don't have money right now for Pilates
hmm.png

Last edited:
Oh, I wish I had thought of that. I will definitely give you a call when I go down that way.
I know, people are just not spending the money anymore.
Its scary all over.
I love poking around the feedstore, I pick up all kinds of stuff when I go.
I do think those feed blocks are good for winter. I don't want them pecking each other out of frustration or whatever when its real bad out.
I bought cracked corn and scratch to keep them warm on those bad days too, make some hot mash and warm up their bodies.

Back
Top Bottom