Alice In Wonderland, thoughts

Bantimna

Songster
10 Years
Sep 29, 2009
South Africa
I liked it in Story-book form.
The clown (don't know his name) is the reason that I wouldn't watch the movie. When I was little the Batman Movies were coming out or were out and I asked my mom and dad if I could watch the movie they said, "No."
But it came on the TV one night and my parents watched it and I decided to watch it with them.
The Joker was so evil looking and made me scared, his voice was so.......bad.
Today as being a much bigger I don't favor clowns, the circus ones just irritate me
hmm.png
with their stupid acts, as they try entertain the audience. I would like to see it one day and most probbaly not so soon.
What are your views of Alice in Wonderland?
Do you enjoy it?

Last edited:
lau.gif
My 13y/o daughter can't stand clowns!! I like to tease her any chance I get!! The movie is pretty good, I've seen it 2 times now. It took me the second time, to appreciate it. I thought that it really isn't much for kids, even my 23y/o son agreed. All I can say is, go see it, and make your decision then.
thumbsup.gif

Personally, I have no desire to see the new Alice in Wonderland movie. It looks a little too creepy for me, and that's funny cause I LOVE horror movies, but certain movies creep me out too much, and that one is one of them. I can't stand the original Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, and when they made a remake of it, I knew I'd never watch it, especially when Johnny Depp looked so freaky in the promotions! I too cannot stand clowns, they bother me too much. But my fears date back to when I was little and watched the 1st Poltergeist movie. Little Carol Ann in the movie and I were the same age (she was born the same year as me, just like a month older, or something like that), and I made it through most of the movie ok, until that stupid clown came to life! I about jumped out of my skin! I don't like circuses with clowns, and I don't like people dressed up in giant animal costumes either, like when you go to Disneyland. I would be the person AVOIDING Mickey Mouse! Lol! I know, maybe I'm weird, but I just don't like those kinds of movies or situations. They freak me out too much!!!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears in the previews that they try and turn Alice into a warrior of sorts which is completely unfaithful to the original story. I always pictured "Alice" as bright and colorful, Wonderland is kinda like Oz to me i.e. bland real world --> bright fantasy --> back. This new dark take seems weird.

We plan to see it and are excited to. Enjoyed what Burton and Depp did in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, so will give this movie a chance. It is not the original i'm sure but looks unique in it's own way I suppose.

Brandon

im not comfortable letting my kids see any of these new movies their not good at all . i went to see the new batman with my husband and i thought it was to much for me and im almost 30 but behind me was a 3 or 4 year old thats going to growup thinking its ok to blow people up . i buy all the old scooby shows and we just bought the wizard of oz and all the original disney moviesfor them to watch. and even the new disney movies are crappy .

I so want to see this movie. Johnny Depp is my secret love.
love.gif
It looks to me like the movie is an adult version of the classic and isn't really geared towards kids. That's JMO, though. I definitely wouldn't take my 4 year old to see it. But Mama (me) has seen and will continue to see every JD movie there is.
lau.gif

I thought it was entertaining, but little else.

I also agree with Fowlmamma.

I saw it on opening night with my friend and we both loved it. I'm a big Burton fan but she had no preference and is pretty hard to please movie-wise, so for us both to enjoy it is no mean feat. I loved Alice's character development (I won't spoil it though...)

ETA: We are both teenagers and I definitely wouldn't bring a child 10 or under to it. It has some pretty... um... disturbing parts. Like a river full of heads...
sickbyc.gif

It's rated PG ("for fantasy action/violence involving scary images and situations, and for a smoking caterpillar") but I would say more like a PG-13 for the scary part. (I wish there was an in-between...)

Last edited:
I never thought Tim Burton movies were made for kids anyway, so I wouldn't expect people to take kids to see them. Why would you?

I, however, am an adult and I adore Johnny Depp, especially when teamed with Tim Burton and Helena Bonham Carter. Pure bliss. Corpse Bride was hilarious; and I have loved every movie Johnny Depp was ever in. He just brings something to the screen that no one else can.

I don't think he ever claimed to be a children's entertainer.

Back
Top Bottom